Private Full-Day Tour Mount Popa and Salay from Bagan
If you are in Bagan and looking for the next places for your discovery besides temples and pagodas in the city center, this tour will be a considerable choice for you. You will have the opportunity to leave your footprints in one of the most charming mounts, Popa and enjoy the panoramic view of city. Then, you will move to the village of Salay to learn more about an ancient monastery which still keeps many cultural values.
Climb up to Mount Popa
- Gaze at beautiful landscapes of mount and the city
- Immerse yourself into Myanmar’s culture and nature
- Discover delicacy in architecture of the ancient monastery in Salay
- Convenient pickup and drop-off service from Bagan city center
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off service in city center;
- English speaking tour guide;
- Private air- condition car;
- Transportation in tour;
- Bottle of water and wet tissue;
- Entry/Admission - Salay House
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses & tips and other services not mentioned in the program;
- Entrance fees for Bagan zone
- Entry/Admission - Mount Popa
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Popa, Kyauk Padaung Road, Popa Myanmar
Mount Popa is a favourite place for tourists in Myanmar. The mount is 1518 meters above sea level. It is not famous for its beauty but also about its legend. There are 37 Nats are wordshiped here. In the past, 37 people were normal people owning special talents but they met terrible deaths. Our life’s stories have become legends until now. Actually, there are 4 people used to live here: Saw Me Yar, Maung Tint Dai, Byatta và Mai Wunna. You will find it interesting to find out more about Nats. It can take time and challenging a little to climb up to the mount but you will feel it worthy when you stand at the top of mount and feel the peaceful and holy atmosphere at the same time here. You also see many colorful flowers along the way to mount’s top which makes you climb up easier.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Salay House, 481 Strand Road, Bagan Myanmar
you will move to the next place in Salay of this tour, the ancient wooden monastery. Salay is an important Buddhist center Myanmar. Come here, you can visit the oldest monastery with around 300 years old. The monastery was made for wooden with many carving details on the roof. It is a great work from skillful craftmen. if you are architecture lover or carving lover, you will want to spend as much as you can here to admire each detail of the monastery.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Old Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
Traveler pickup is offered
If you stay outside city center, there will be transfer round trip surcharge which depends on your hotel location or you will go to the meeting point for starting the tour. We will contact to you directly before the travel date to confirm that;
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.