Private Full-Day Tour of Kathmandu Valley With World Heritage Temples and Patan
Explore the historical, cultural and architectural monuments and sites in around the valley of Kathmandu on this private tour. Your experienced guide will take you to the most beautiful cultural and historical sites in Kathmandu valley including Swoyambhunath also known as Monkey Temple, which is said to be over 2,000 years old and one of the world's most fabulous Buddhists Stupas. The tour continues to Patan City, known as 'The Town with a Thousand Roofs' as well as city of fine arts, you will visit the Durbar Square, Royal Baths, Hiranyabarna Mahavihara Temple (Golden Temple), Krishna Mandir (Temple), Bhimsen Temple, Manga Hiti, Jagan Narayan Temple, Bishwanath Temple and others.
Next you will visit to Bouddhanath Stupa, a sacred site of Buddhist people. You'll end your day at the original departure point after a visit to Pashupatinath Temple, the most sacred Hindu Temple and place of cremations.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by private, air-conditioned car or van
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- You will be picked up from our pick up location Tridevi Marg, Thamel - in front of Himalayan Bank Limited at 8 AM for this trip. A guide and a driver will meet you at the given time and location. You will tour by an air conditioned private car/van depending on group size. If there will be infants in a tour, infant seats are also available upon request.
After introduction with the guide and driver, the tour starts visiting Swoyambhunath Stupa. This Stupa is also known as Monkey Temple as the Stupa is located atop of the hill surrounded by the forest which is the residence of lot of monkeys. The Stupa is common pilgrimage point for both Hindus as temple of Harati (goddess for children) is next to Stupa and Buddhists of course. In this fact, Swoyambhunath Stupa shows the perfect example of religious harmony of both Hindus and Buddhist in Nepal.
Spending about an hour in Swoyambhunath, you will move towards Patan Durbar Square driving about 25 minutes. The Shikhar style Lord Krishna Temple, Taleju Bhawani Temple, Viswanath Temple, Bhimsen Temple and courtyards known as Mul Chok, Sundari Chok and Keshav Narayan Chok. Furthermore, we also visit one of the Buddhist sites, Hiranyabarna Maha Vihar also known as Golden Temple are the major sites of Patan Durbar Square. One can notice and understand the richness and creativity of architectural era of Kathmandu valley visiting this Patan Durbar Square.
After having a great sightseeing in Patan Durbar Square, you will be taken to the Bouddhanath for lunch and visit around. You will stop there for lunch and tour around the square afterward. Like Swoyambhunath, Bouddhanath also sacred site for Buddhist devotees. Listed on UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 1979, the stupa's massive mandala makes it one of the largest spherical stupas in Nepal.
And now you will be continuing your tour to the Pashupatinath Temple, one of the great temples for Hindus in the world. The temple of Lord Shiva situated next to River Bagmati. Pashupatinath and Bagmati River bank is also a place where Hindus do their cremation. The tour completes with spending time and touring around Temple Pashupatinath, Bagmati River. You then drive back to your hotel. This 8 hours tour will give you an idea and knowledge about the architectural and cultural development of Nepal when Kathmandu valley was ruled by Lichchhavi and Malla dynasty.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Time :8am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please note that some of the sites on this tour were damaged by the devastating earthquake on April 25, 2015 and are in a phase of reconstruction
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.