Private Full-Day Tour of Sanchi and Udayagiri from Bhopal
Enjoy visiting Sanchi the 3rd century UNESCO World Heritage Site, and Udayagiri Rock Cut Caves. See the Buddhist stupas and ancient Hindu ritualistic caves. A private chauffeur and guide ensures your personal attention on this 8-hour tour.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private guide
- Personal chauffeur with a air-conditioned car
- Visit to Sanchi and Udayagiri Caves
- Hotel lobby or airport pickup and drop-off in Bhopal city only
- Fuel, parking, surcharges and taxes
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Sanchi Stupas
- Entry/Admission - Udayagiri Caves
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sanchi Stupas, Sanchi India
You will be picked up from your hotel/Airport/Railway station in Bhopal city to embark on a full-day excursion to Udayagiri Caves and Sanchi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The journey will take 1 hour 30 minutes each way (35 miles/60 km).
Visit Sanchi located 30 miles (45 km) northeast of Bhopal. It is a serene hill crowned by a group of stupas, monasteries, temples and pillars dating from 3rd century BC to 12th century AD. Sanchi is an ancient place of pilgrimage for Buddhists and its uniqueness lies in the fact that Buddha is not represented through figures, but through symbols. The lotus represents the Buddha's birth, the tree signifies his enlightenment and the wheel represents his attainment of nirvana (salvation). Buddha's presence is marked by the footprints and the throne. Sanchi was rediscovered by a British officer in 1818 and later in 1912 restoration work at the site was done in earnest.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Udayagiri Caves, Near Vidisha Centre, Vidisha India
After visiting Sanchi, get transported to the Udayagiri Caves (approx.10 miles/15 km from Sanchi). Udayagiri Caves are an early Hindu ritual site located near Vidisha region. They were extensively carved and reworked under the command of Chandragupta II, Emperor of the Gupta Empire, in the late 4th and 5th century AD. These caves are currently a tourist site under the protection of the Archaeological Survey of India.
Udayagiri consists of a substantial U-shaped plateau immediately next to the River Bes. The caves here are a series of rock-cut sanctuaries and images excavated into hillside. The figure of Viṣṇu in his incarnation as the boar-headed Varaha is amongst the most impressive artistic sculptures. The site has important inscriptions of the Gupta dynasty. In addition to these remains, Udayagiri has a series of rock-shelters and petro glyphs, ruined buildings, inscriptions, water systems, fortifications and habitation mounds, all of which have been only partially excavated.
Get transported back to Hotel/ Airport / Railway station in Bhopal city to finish the day.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide hotel address while bookingAirports
- Bhopal Airport, Bhopal India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or people using wheelchairs
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.