Private Full Day Tour To Dead Sea & Baptism Site from Amman City
Private full-day tour of Dead Sea and Jordan River baptismal site from Amman
Visit the UNESCO-protected site of Jesus’ baptism by John the Baptist
See the baptism pools and discover the area’s religious importance on a shared tour
Float in the salty waters of the Dead Sea, the Earth's lowest point
Includes private, round-trip transport and hotel pickup and drop-off
Admission fees at own expense
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- English Speaking Driver
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages - Any Type of Meals & Beverages
- Local Guide at Sites
- Entry/Admission - The Baptism Site Of Jesus Christ
- Entry/Admission - Dead Sea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Baptism Site Of Jesus Christ, Bethany Jordan
Depart your Amman hotel by private, air-conditioned vehicle, and travel south to the Jordan River valley, home to the spot where it’s believed that John the Baptist baptised Jesus Christ.
After the 34-mile (55-kilometer) journey, arrive at the revered site on the river's eastern banks, known as Bethany Beyond The Jordan, or in Arabic as El-Maghtas. The location was authenticated by the Vatican as the official site of Jesus’ anointment during a visit by Pope John Paul in 2000, and is also held holy by the Islamic and Jewish faiths as the place where the Prophet Elijah ascended to heaven.
Purchase an admission ticket (own expense), and choose to take a shuttle bus or walk to the baptism pool, learning about its history, and how John the Baptist lived here while performing his baptisms.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Dead Sea, Madaba Jordan
Next, re-join your driver and continue to the Dead Sea, the vast salt lake at 1,312 feet (400 meters) below sea level, the lowest point on Earth. The lake is known for its concentration of salt and minerals, which lend its waters therapeutic properties and enable swimmers to float on the surface.
Take in the spectacular views of the calm, shining lake, and then head inside a resort hotel on its shores (own expense). Here, enjoy free time to relax on the mineral beach, bask in the beautiful setting, and wade into the waters to experience the unique floating sensation. Be sure to strike the classic pose of lying back and floating as you read a magazine or book!
Later, at a time prearranged with your driver, hop back into your vehicle and ride back to Amman, where your trip ends with a drop-off at the original start point.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any of Amman City Hotels or Amman Airport Airports
- Queen Alia Intl Airport, Amman Jordan
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Baby & Child Seat (Available Upon Request) own Expenses
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.