Private Full Day Tour to Mutianyu Great Wall and Ming Tombs from Beijing
Begin the full day tour from your hotel to visit both the World Heritage sites - Mutianyu Great Wall and Ming Tombs, you can choose either Dingling Tomb or Changling Tomb . Mutianyu is a less-crowded section of the Great Wall with take the cable car round-trip and admire expansive views over the Great Wall and forested surroundings. Entrance fees, return cable car, lunch, guide and round-trip hotel transport are all included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking tour guide service fee
- Air-conditioned vehicle with a private driver
- Gas, toll & parking lot fees
- Lunch at the local Chinese restaurant
- Round Trip cable car or chair lift up and toboggan down the wall
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Ming Tombs (Ming Shishan Ling)
What's excluded :
- Gratuity to the guide and driver
- Personal Costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mutianyu Great Wall, Mutianyu Village, Bohai Town, Huairou District, Beijing China
Meet your private guide in hotel's lobby at 8:00am in Beijing, take around 1.5 hours to Mutianyu Great Wall in the morning, which is farther away from Beijing and more popular section, a stretch less crowded than the Badaling segment. It is considered as one of most famous Great Wall by the beautiful view in Beijing. Once you arrive at Mutianyu Great Wall, you can choose the return cable car or chairlift up and toboggan down the wall
Afterwards, drive to a local restaurant for a Chinese lunch.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ming Tombs (Ming Shishan Ling), Ming Shisan Ling Area, Changling Town, Changping District, Beijing 102213 China
After approximately 1 hour drive, continue to explore the Ding Tomb, the tomb of the thirteenth emperor of the Ming Dynasty, Emperor Wanli, and his two empresses. The tomb is the only Ming Dynasty Tomb that has been excavated. This underground palace is 89 feet (27 meters) deep and has an area of over 3900 square feet (1195 square meters). After it was built, it was covered with deep soil so the people in charge of the tomb construction and later burial of the imperials erected the tablet as a sign for relocating the underground palace when needed.
You also can have another option to visit Changling Tomb instead, is the tomb of the 2nd Emperor in the Ming Dynasty, Zhu Di. It is regarded as the grandest one among the 13 Ming Tombs in Beijing.
Finally, head to Sacred Way, which consists of the stone arches, the Great Red Gate, stone statues, etc. The most attractions are the vivid animal and human stone statues, totally 12 human figures and 24 animal figures.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For the lunch, you will be taken to the authentic Chinese local restaurant catering for the locals or at the western-style subway restaurant (2 options). And the lunch has its budget
- Dress code is smart casual
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant (1-3 years old) are free providing they do not occupy a seat
- Extra fee is requested after 8 hours tour
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.