Private Guided Tour of Airavatesvara Temple from Kumbakonam
Built in 12th century AD by Raja Chola II, Airavatesvara temple is a famous Hindu Temple located in Darasuram. The temple represents the architectural heritage of Tamil Nadu. Airavatesvara Temple is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the Great Living Chola Temples. The temple follows Dravidian architecture which has a number of columns and pillars towards the Sanctum supporting the Mandapam. You will have a private guided tour of the temple. See the Airavatesvara Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, intricate paintings and sculptures, plus delicate stone carvings from ancient artists.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within Kumbakonam city center
- English speaking Local guide.
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person.
- Entry/Admission - Airavatesvara Temple
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Airavatesvara Temple, Thanjavur Darasuram, Kumbakonam 612001 India
You will be picked up at 9:30 AM at your hotel in Kumbakonam in a private air conditioned vehicle and be driven to Darasuram. Upon arrival, meet with your English speaking local guide and start your tour of the Airavatesvara Temple.
Dedicated to Lord Shiva, the temple houses a linga named Airavatesvara.
Airavatesvara temple is architecturally beautiful and it has intricate paintings and sculptures on the walls. The temple is a storehouse of art and architecture which display the delicate stone carvings of ancient artists. The front Mandapa of the temple is designed in the form of a big chariot drawn by horses. Further, the vimaan on the top of the temple is 85 feet high. The garden around the temple looks lovely adding charm and ambiance. The temple is a pilgrimage place for many Hindus.
At the end of your tour, your driver will drop you back off at your hotel in Kumbakonam.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Thanjavur, Thanjavur, Thanjavur District, Tamil Nadu
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- Dress code - Temples are a sacred house of God and a place of daily worship. To preserve its sanctity and spiritual ambiance one must follow the below dress code within temple complex:
- Upper Wear: Must cover the shoulders, chest, navel, and upper arms
- Lower Wear: Must be at least below knee-length
- Remove footwear outside the temple. Socks are fine, you can keep them on.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved please wear comfortable shoes
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Temple Opens from 06:00 A.M. till 12:30 P.M. and evening 4:00 P.M till 08:30 P.M.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.