Private Half Cultural Safari Tour from Punta Cana
PRIVATE GROUP Adventure for a half or full day of new experiences - a true Dominican cultural exchange. Resorts are relaxing and wonderful without a doubt, but there is so much more to be offered! Country Express gives you the opportunity to see more of the Dominican Republic with a knowledgeable guide to assist you along the way.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- DVD (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: La Basílica, Higüey 23000, Dominican Republic
From Wander around while the delicate butterflies flutter about, and learn more about the breeding process. Next you get to see a live demonstration of chocolate making! Ask questions, try samples and definitely buy some of this delicious treat to take home with you. You also have the chance to browse the gift shop and purchase other great gifts like cigars and mamajuana.
Next you'll enter Higuey to visit the Basilica, a Roman Catholic Cathedral dedicated to Lady Altagracia, the patron saint of the Dominican Republic. Pay just $1 to enter and walk around this famous, impressive structure. From here, make way back into the countryside to enjoy a buffet style Dominican lunch overlooking gorgeous mountain scenery, if full-day option selected. With bellies full of rice, beans and meat, take a quick visit to the river to relax for a minute.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Anamuya 23000, Dominican Republic
Be whisked away from your resort to the authentic side of the country. Drive through the countryside and make a first stop to visit a local Dominican family and their plantation. Here you'll be introduced to the typical lifestyle of a Dominican and learn about the crops that they depend on economically. Your tour guide will walk you through the home and talk to some of the family members to share their culture with you. Then you'll take a guided stroll through the property, learning about the process of growing and making coffee, along with chocolate, coconut oil, various fruits, vegetables and local vegetation.
From here you visit the butterfly garden. Wander around while the delicate butterflies flutter about, and learn more about the breeding process. Next you get to see a live demonstration of chocolate making! Ask questions, try samples and definitely buy some of this delicious treat to take home with you.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :from 7:00 am to 8:30 am in the morning and 13:00 to 14:30 in the afternoon, you will be notified with exact pick up time
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.