Private Half Day Tour: Exclusive World Heritage Rainforest and Waterfall Tour from Cairns
Do you want to have your own private tour guide and vehicle all to yourself? Exclusive half day tour takes in three Wet Tropics Rainforest National Parks, and includes a visit to the most famous waterfall in Cairns, the Barron Falls. You’ll see stunning scenery, ranging from lush tropical rainforest to outback Savannah. Visit mighty trees, swim in crystal clear waters and taste some tempting tropical fruit. Our exclusive permit allows us to visit areas not open to the public, while your naturalist guide will provide informative commentary. If you have limited time, want to escape the crowds and experience the true tropical rainforest of North Queensland, book this tour today.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Barron Gorge National Park
- Entry/Admission - Davies Creek National Park
- Entry/Admission - Henry Ross Lookout
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Barron Gorge National Park, Wrights Lookout Rd, Queensland Australia
Driving up the Kuranda Range and passing through the small village of Kuranda. Here we enjoy a short driving tour of the village, before continuing to the World Heritage listed Barron Gorge National Park. This is home to the famous Barron Falls, which makes for a great photo opportunity at the stunning Wrights lookout.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Clohesy River, Koah QLD 4881, Australia
Heading further west, we detour off the bitumen and make our way onto the Clohesy River Road. This is where we begin our four-wheel drive journey. Our exclusive access permit sees us visit areas not open to the public. Our track winds through rainforest and over some of the mountains of the Great Dividing Range. We’ll view ancient King Ferns before stopping at Clohesy Boardwalk, where your guide will interpret the rainforest surrounds and introduce you to the giant strangler fig tree, which is hundreds of years old.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Davies Creek National Park, Davies Creek Rd, Mareeba, Queensland 4880 Australia
Our next stop is Davies Creek, where you have the opportunity to take a swim in the crystal-clear waters. It’s always refreshing.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Henry Ross Lookout, Kuranda Range Road, Smithfield, Queensland Australia
Finally, as our tour concludes, we head back towards Cairns via the Wet Tropics World Heritage drive on the Kuranda Range. We stop at the breathtaking Henry Ross lookout, before arriving in Cairns where you are returned to your accommodation.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all Hotels and most rental accommodation (including AirBnB's) in Cairns, HollowaysBeach, Trinity Beach, Kewarra Beach, Yorkeys Knob, Palm Cove, Thala Beach, Port Douglas. Pleasecontact us if you cannot find your pick up locationPorts
- Yorkeys Knob
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- Please bring water/water bottle
- Wet weather gear (November through June)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Not available from Thala Lodge & Port Douglas
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.