Private Irkutsk Sightseeing Tour with Transport
During the tour (by car/bus) the guide will show you the city's historical center. You will get acquainted with the history of Irkutsk and will see the city's main streets, churches, famous buildings and monuments.
Irkutsk was founded in 1661 on the place of the junction of the Angara and the Irkut Rivers. The Irkut River gave the name to the city. At first, it was just a little wooden town, but it developed very fast, and 25 years later Irkutsk was given the status of the city. Today Irkutsk is one of the largest economic, industrial and cultural centres of Eastern Siberia. The citizens of the city believe that Irkutsk means for Siberia as much as Paris for France and London for England.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your central hotel (Comfortable car/minivan with A/C)
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request
- City overview tour
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food / Drinks
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Church of the Savior of the Holy Face
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral of The Epiphany
- Entry/Admission - Roman Catholic Church
- Entry/Admission - Bely Dom
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skver Im. Kirova, Irkutsk, Irkutsk Oblast, Russia, 664025
Meet your guide at your centrally located hotel in Irkutsk to start exploring the city.
During this excursion, you will explore the main central historical and architectural sights, visit the main streets and squares of the city.
The Square is known for its long history. This beautiful walking area has been around for over 300 years and has been called by twelve different names, changing to reflect the changing city and the changing heroes of Tsarist, Soviet, and modern Russia. During the 17th century Kirov Square, was the center of trade fairs and entertainment in Irkutsk. Products like fur, timber, and tea were sold in in the square. However, now Kirov Square has become one of the main hangouts and event venues in Irkutsk.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Church of the Savior of the Holy Face, Suhe-Batora ul., d. 2, Irkutsk 664011 Russia
Constructed in 1706, this is the oldest stone-built church in Eastern Siberia and has remnants of the original murals on its facade. Until the late 1990s it housed a museum.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Cathedral of The Epiphany, Sukhe-Batora St., 1A, Irkutsk 664011 Russia
The Epiphany Cathedral is a true adornment of Irkutsk. This church looks quite unusually. It is colorful and ornate and does not resemble classic orthodox churches. The matter concerns its decoration: the church’s façade and its tholobate are decorated with pictures of the saints in whole-length. Besides, the church is fancy decorated with ornamented tiles, and brightly painted like Russian popular prints.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Roman Catholic Church, Sukhe-Batora St., 1, Irkutsk 664011 Russia
The Roman Catholic Cathedral of Our Lady of the Assumption is one of the most beautiful buildings located in the historical part of Irkutsk. The Polish community constructed the cathedral, therefore, it is also known as the Polish Roman Catholic Church. Its history starts in 1819. The construction works were completed by the end of 1825, but the church burned down during the fire in 1879. In 1884, the extant stone Cathedral was constructed at the site of the fire. An organ hall, opened in 1978, operates until now.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Nizhnyaya Naberezhnaya Angary, Irkutsk Russia
Historical center of the city is supposed to be on Angara shores, now it is called Lower Embankment. This area is the most well arranged and has the biggest amount of historical, cultural and architectural monuments. The embankment always attracts city dwellers as well as tourists. The tradition has it that this place is a must-visit for the newly-weds. There are spectacular views from the observation point to Irkut river and Znamenskoye Predmestye.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bely Dom, Gagarina Blvd., 24, Irkutsk 664025 Russia
White House is a former mansion of Sibiriakov who was Governor General of Eastern Siberia. For quite some time this building served the needs of Irkutsk State Library.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Monument to Alexander III, The Embankment of the Angara, Irkutsk Russia
The monument to Alexander III was installed in 1908. On the four sides of the monument are placed bronze high-reliefs of historical figures who left a noticeable mark on the development of Siberia. On the eastern side of the pedestal there is a two-headed eagle with a scroll in its claws - with a royal rescript addressed to Tsarevich Nikolai Alexandrovich about the beginning of the construction of Transsib (1891). The figure of the king stood until 1920. Then, by a decree on the monuments of the republic, the statue was removed, but the pedestal, as a highly artistic part, was preserved. Later, the monument was reconstructed, completing the concrete pyramidal spire, and renamed the monument to the discoverers of Siberia. In 2003, by the centenary of the Trans-Siberian Railway, the monument to Alexander III at the initiative of the East-Siberian railway was restored to its original form.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from any hotel of Irkutsk.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.