Private Loch Ness Experience
No other tour company offers this experience. Being able to slow down and walk through the magnificent forest & waterfall before coming out on the shores of Loch Ness.
Knowing your food and drink is taken care of means you just have to bring yourselves, sit back and relax in our executive VW Caravelle, ensuring maximum space, comfort and visibility!
Get away from the thousands of people that visit the Loch each day by adventuring on the road less traveled.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - There will be a selection of snacks on board throughout the day.
- Private transportation
- Bottled water - What else would you expect but Loch Ness spring water on board for our guests!
- Lunch - After our hike we will stop off at the Waterfall Cafe for some tea / coffee and some soup & home baking
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to Culloden Visitor Centre should this option be chosen
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Loch Ness Region, Loch Ness Region, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
We will take you down the road less traveled, taking in the magnificant Loch Ness as we go as well as learning all about the myths and legends of the Loch and surrounding area. Our first stop will be opposite the famous Urquhart Castle before reaching the hamlet of Foyers.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: The Falls of Foyers, Foyers IV2 6XU Scotland
Our main activity will be taking in the wonderful waterfall in the middle of a stunning forest with towering Douglas Firs as well as ancient Caledonian Pines. Our guests will be guided through the forest, following the river where they will appear on the shores of Loch Ness for a truly stunning view! No other tour company takes you here and our guests are usually the only ones enjoying this secret spot!
After we walk back up to the car park, we will stop for some home baking and refreshments in the local cafe.
Please note that this walk is approx. 2 hours and includes a decent / ascent of 200m so a degree of fitness is required to undertake the full walk. As this is a private experience, we can discuss our guest's preferences at this point.
Stop At: Dores, Dores, Loch Ness Region, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
We will make our way back towards Inverness via a small country road, providing stunning views of the heather clad hills and various lochs before taking in the loch from over 100m above and decending down to the village of Dores where you can walk along the pebble beach to take in the vastness of the loch looking from the top right down to the bottom.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Clava Cairns, Balnuaran of Clava, IV2 5EU Scotland
The ancient and mysterious site of Clava Cairns are 4000 year old burial chambers, (cairns) that offers tempting clues and little else but our imagination to guess as to the full purpose of these large circular cairns, but one thing is certain, you will leave with a feeling of visiting something very special! For Outlander fans - This is a must as the cairns are the inspiration for none other that Craig Na Dun!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre, Culloden Moor IV2 5EU Scotland
Our last stop of the day before we return you to your accommodation will be the famous, yet stirring field of Drummossie Moor and the site of the Battle of Culloden. Depending on what we have discussed at the start of the day, this will be either a 30 min stop to walk around the battlefield or a 1.5 hour experience, taking in the fantastic visitor centre, for complete immersion! (additional charge for visitor centre)
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.