Private London Taxi Royal Windsor and Runnymede Tour
Once I have collected you from your central London location we will head straight out to Runnymede. From here we will drive in to the historic town of Windsor and have lunch by the riverside. Next stop will be the castle where we will visit St. George’s Chapel and the magnificent state rooms. You will then be transferred back to your desired central London location.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick up from any central London location
- Bottled water
- Return to any central London location
- USB charging points
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Lunch - I will book a table at a riverside restaurant.
- Castle entry tickets. Once I know the size of your party I can purchase these tickets for you.
- Entry/Admission - Windsor Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Runnymede National Trust, Windsor Road, Egham TW20 0AG England
It's now been over 800 years since King John sealed Magna Carta here at Runnymede over a bitter disagreement with the church and a series of high taxes levied to fund the ongoing war with France.
In 1215 England was in political turmoil. King John had become vastly unpopular – and an alliance of disgruntled barons and important members of the clergy had been mounting pressure on the king for years.
Events came to a head here in June when King John finally met with the barons to hear their demands – and by 15 June he agreed to seal the proposed 'Great Charter of Liberty' enshrining their rights in law.
This milestone of individual rights and freedoms has provided inspiration for many important constitutional documents – including the 1791 United States Bill of Rights and in 1948 the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The Jurors memorial was added here in 2015, 800 years after this historic moment took place.
We will also see the John F Kennedy memorial. Set in a symbolic acre of land donated to the USA by Queen Elizabeth II in 1965 in the presence of Prime Minister Harold Wilson. The words inscribed are taken from President Kennedy’s inaugural address in 1961.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Windsor Castle, Castle Hill, Windsor SL4 1PD England
The original settlement of Old Windsor has shown occupation from as far back as the 7th century – and was used by the Anglo-Saxon Kings for hunting and its name probably derives from ‘Windleshore’ or ‘winding shore’ (mention the bends of the meandering River Thames).
We will stop for lunch at one of the riverside restaurants. Afterwards we will stroll through the historic town of Windsor before entering the castle. I will accompany you, but we are expected to use the castles audio guiding system. I’ll make sure nothing is missed and help you make the most of your time in the grounds.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Collection from any Central London location is included
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Transport for London are advising all drivers and passengers to wear face coverings (not surgical masks) when travelling in vehicles. The Taxi has a Perspex partition between the driver and passengers. Surfaces are cleaned thoroughly before, during and after every tour with an antibacterial product.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.