Private Long Tan and Nui Dat and Australian Battlefield from Ho Chi Minh City
Exploring the Vietnam War's Battle of Long Tan on this 7-hour private tour from Ho Chi Minh City. The Battle of Long Tan saw only 108 members of ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army Corp) fighting between 1,500 and 2,500 Viet Cong forces—and winning—on August 18, 1966. Visit important sites from the battle including Long Tan Cross, the Long Phuoc tunnels, Horseshoe FSB, and Nui Dat (SAS hill).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- English speaking tour guide
- Entry/Admission - The Battle of Long Tan
What's excluded :
- Personal expense, Drinks & Food (Unless otherwise specified)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Battle of Long Tan, Dat Do dist., Vung Tau Vietnam
8.00AM Pick up at your hotel and depart for the trip.
After 2 hours driver we will stop off at Ba Ria to pick up your travel permit to the sites. Visit the sight of the former Nui Dat Task Force Base. Little remains of this camp except the columns of the main gate. The former runway is now a wide street in the local village and the old heli-pad is now a soccer field. A school established by the Australians is nearby. Followed drive past the location of the Horseshoe (access not permitted these days due to mining activity) to the Discourtesy Rubber Plantation. Visit the Long Tan Cross Memorial a memorial raised by the Australians in August 1969 in memory of the great battle of Long Tan , before continuing on to the Long Phuoc Tunnels. Like other tunnels systems found in Vietnam the Long Phuoc Tunnels included meeting areas, first aid stations, and fighting pits.
3.00PM: Heading back to Sai Gon
End of services. Back Sai Gon and finish your Long Tan Nui Dat Battle Field tour.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up & drop-off the guest at the hotel in district 1
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.