Private Maipo Valley Historic Wine Tour: Santa Rita and Concha y Toro Vineyards
Enjoy a fun, relaxing day visiting two vineyards in the Maipo Valley for wine tours and tastings: the historic Santa Rita Vineyard and the world-renowned Concha y Toro Vineyard. Plus, visit the Andean Museum!
- 6-Hour Private Tour
- Free Pick-up and Drop-off from any Hotel, Airbnb, and Residence in Santiago
- Free Airport Pick-up or Drop-off on Tour Day
- Professional & Multilingual Guide
- Modern Comfortable Van
- Two Wine Tours & Tastings (Santa Rita and Concha y Toro Vineyards)
- Visit to the Andean Museum
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Multilingual Guide
- Private Transport
- Bottled water
- Entrance to Andean Museum
- Wine Tour and Classic Wine Tasting at Santa Rita Vineyard
- Wine Tour and Traditional Wine Tasting at Concha y Toro Vineyard
- Digital Photographs
- Entry/Admission - Vina Santa Rita
- Entry/Admission - Museo Andino
- Entry/Admission - Concha y Toro
What's excluded :
- Optional Gratuity for Guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vina Santa Rita, Camino Padre Hurtado 0695 Alto Jahuel, Buin 9501660 Chile
The Maipo Valley is the closest Chilean wine region to Santiago. It is a historic wine-producing region and the birthplace of the Chilean wine industry with vines growing there for the past 150 years. We first visit Santa Rita Vineyard, which dates back to the 1880s and plays an important role in Chilean history as the site of one of the battles during the War for Independence. Admire the old hacienda-style Estate house and enjoy your wine while you stroll through the old cellars. You will see the grape variety garden, vineyards, winemaking and cellaring facilities, and bottling process, visiting “Bodega 1” – the winery’s first cellar and the “Cellar of the 120 Patriots”. You will discover the exciting story that gives 120 its name. The tour ends with a tasting of Reserva and Gran Reserva wines.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Museo Andino, Camino Padre Hurtado, 0695 Vina Santa Rita, Alto Jahuel Chile
After the tour, you can visit the neighboring “Museo Andino” (Andean Museum), which contains a special collection of pre-Columbian pottery, textiles and other artifacts. We then will continue through the Maipo Valley to the town of Pirque with time for lunch (not included).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Concha y Toro, Avenida Virginia Subercaseaux 210, Pirque 9480092 Chile
After lunch, we will visit the internationally-renowned Concha y Toro Vineyard, which dates back to 1883. The founder was Don Melchor Concha y Toro who brought the first vines that were planted from the Bordeaux region in France to Chile and grew prosperously in the Maipo River basin. Walk around the gardens of the summer residence of the Concha y Toro family, discover the variety garden, visit their cellars and taste a selection of three of their fine wines.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free pick up from any location in SantiagoAirports
- Arturo Merino Benitez Airport, Santiago Chile
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- The order of sites visited may vary.
- Although this is a private tour with your own vehicle and guide, there may be other visitors at the vineyards joining you on the winery tours and tastings, which is beyond our control.
- This tour is available daily, except on national holidays when the vineyards are closed.
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Santa Rita Winery is closed on Monday. We will visit another vineyard as an alternative.
- Alternative vineyards will be visited if either Santa Rita or Concha y Toro do not have availability on the date selected.
- Most travelers can participate
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing in compliance with the U.N. World Health Organization’s Guidelines to Restart Tourism (25 May 2020). You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing. You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.