Private Market Tour & Vegetarian Cooking Class & Meal in a Local Jaipur Home
Meet your welcoming host Shalini at her home and walk to the local street market for a private market tour. Here, you will learn about basic Indian ingredients and local, seasonal produce. As you explore the market with Shalini, you’ll pick up a few ingredients for your cooking lesson.
After your market tour, join Shalini and her mother-in-law in their Jaipur home kitchen and learn to cook traditional vegetarian Rajasthani dishes that you will enjoy together after your cooking class. You might learn to make baingan ka bharta (eggplant) or another seasonal vegetable, an Indian bread like rotis or mattar paratha (whole wheat flat bread stuffed with a spiced mashed peas filling) and a dessert like kheer (rice pudding), before sharing your meal with Shalini and her joyous family at their dining table.
This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about Rajasthani food and culture from welcoming locals during an engaging hands-on cooking experience!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private market tour and cooking class with your host Shalini
- Homecooked meal
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. Start your Rajasthani culinary journey with a visit to the local street market. Discover local, seasonal produce and purchase a few Rajasthani ingredients for your cooking class. Return to Shalini's home and together with her mother-in-law, learn to cook a vegetarian, Rajasthani meal. After cooking, share the meal you helped prepare with Shalini and her family at the dining table. Your meal will also include additional dishes prepared in advance by Shalini and her family.
• Traveling Spoon, Jaipur 302001 India
• Dahi wada (plump lentil dumplings in a creamy yoghurt sauce)
• Bhindi masala (okra) or baingan bhartha (eggplant) - Seasonal Indian vegetable
• Dal (lentils cooked in Indian spices)
• Kadhi (fried dumplings served in a flavorful chickpea gravy)
• Steamed rice
• Indian bread like rotis or mattar paratha (flatbread stuffed with peas)
• Kheer (Indian rice pudding)
Departure Point :Jaipur, Jaipur, Jaipur District, Rajasthan
Departure Time :5:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Private, personalized experience
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.