Private Market Tour and Cooking Class in Bogota with a Local
Gerardo will pick you up from your Bogota hotel and take you to explore Plaza de Mercado de Paloquemao. Discover regional vegetables, fruits, meat and seafood at this central market and get a glimpse of locals' daily lives. Purchase a few ingredients for your meal and drive to Gerardo's home for your cooking class. Meet Gerardo's wife who shares his passion for cooking traditional recipes using fresh and seasonal produce to improve the taste and flavor of dishes. Join them in their small kitchen for a hands-on cooking class and learn to make two seasonal Colombian dishes such as arroz con pollo (rice with chicken) and ajiaco (chicken and potato soup). This is a great way to learn new kitchen tricks and watch a meal you helped prepare come together.
Enjoy a meal with this couple that might include dishes such as bandeja paisa (a platter of rice, beans, chorizo, eggs) or arroz con pollo, sancocho (meat and root vegetable stew) or ajiaco along with catfish or steak as a main.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Market tour and cooking class with your host Gerardo
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Private market tour before visiting your host's home for your Colombian cooking class
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your host will pick you up and drop you off at the hotel you list in your booking.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.