Private Market Tour and Tasting in Paris at the Marche D'Aligre
Enjoy a private tour of the Marche D’Aligre, a true local's market in Paris that is nearly 200 years old. At a cafe, Laurence will introduce you to the history of the market and agenda for the day. Learn about the different cheeses you might find in the market and some of the best French wines to try. Begin your tour through the covered section of the market, starting with the meat and charcuterie stalls. Continue on to the cheese stalls, and then the fish section of the market, where Paris’s freshest fish and seafood can be found. Finish your tour of the market with a trip through the vegetable portion of the market where Laurence will purchase a few seasonal fruits and vegetables for you to try that you might not have encountered before (for example a seasonal persimmon or blue radish, a lovely sweet and mild radish).
After your tour, visit a local wine bar where you will sit and enjoy an assortment of cheeses, charcuterie and two glasses of local wine with your local host.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Private market tour and tasting with your host Laurence
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Tastings of wine, cheese and charcuterie
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marche d'Aligre, Place d'Aligre, 75011 Paris France
Private market tour and tasting of cheese, charcuterie and wine at the Marche D'Aligre.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Le Chat Bossu, 126 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.