Private Market Tour and Tuscan Cooking Class with a Local
This will be a fun filled culinary experience of buying food, talking about food, preparing food and finally eating together with a local culinary expert Mirella!
Explore Sant'Ambrogio, a central market in Florence and visit local producers of oil, fruit and vegetables. On the 30-min drive to Mirella's home, hear about the history of Florentine and Tuscan cuisine. Enter Mirella's kitchen for a hands-on Italian cooking class during which you will learn to make 3-4 dishes that you will later enjoy. Your meal will include an appetizer, homemade pasta, a main and dessert.
Mirella’s approach to cooking has been influenced by both Florentine Renaissance (Tuscan nobility) and her proud Tuscan roots. Mirella uses seasonal ingredients and has a different menu for every season. A sample menu might include bruschetta or vegetable tart, penne with ragù, Tuscan meatballs with seasonal vegetables and cioccolatissimo (decadent chocolate dessert). Enjoy your meal over wine, prosecco and limoncello.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private market tour, cooking class and wine with your host Mirella
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Mirella speaks limited English and will be joined by her husband or family friend to translate
What's excluded :
- Private market tour before returning to your host's home for a Tuscan cooking class and lunch.
Departure Point :Cibreo, Via Andrea del Verrocchio, 5R, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :50012 Antella, Metropolitan City of Florence, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.