Private Morning Market Tour in Chennai
Visit the largest perishable goods market of Asia on this three-hour tour in Chennai. Koyambedu market is the biggest fruits and vegetables market in Asia, where visitors can find both local and imported fruits and vegetables. For a city that does not have any nightlife, this market stands in stark contrast by operating 24 hours a day. Take a tour of this sprawling market and discover the local flavors of Chennai.
• Visit to Koyambedu market, Asia’s largest market for perishable produce
• 3 000 fruits and vegetables shops
• An entire block of flower shops
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Koyambedu Market, Wholesale Market Complex, Koyambedu, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600092, India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and driven to Koyambedu Market where you will be met by your guide.
Accompanied by your guide, take a tour of this large market spread over 295 acres of land. The market has over 3 000 shops catering to wholesale as well as retail customers. It is a market that never sleeps! From 10 p.m. to 10 a.m. the market caters to its wholesale customers, while from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. you will normally see the local population buying their daily stock of fruits and vegetables. On an average, there are over 1 00 000 visitors to the market every day.
Walk around the shops and discover the colorful fruits, vegetables and flowers on display. The market has an entire block of flower shops from where flowers make their way to temples, homes, hotels and florists’ shops.
At the end of the tour you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Chennai (Madras), Chennai (Madras), Chennai District, Tamil Nadu
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.