Private Multi-Cultural Singapore Tour: Markets & Temples with a Local
Want to immerse yourself in Singapore’s local life? Explore two culturally different markets and temples on this tour with a local. Admire the architecture of one of Singapore’s oldest Buddhist temples, and explore buzzing markets with your friendly host sharing their local insights and stories with you.
Start your experience at Bugis Street Market. Take a stroll through the many stalls selling everything from souvenirs and homeware to cosmetics.
Then swing by another market. This is a market for foodies and is known locally as a great place to pick up dried goods, seafood and tonic. The locals here like to try before they buy, so you may see them dipping their hands into the bags for a taste.
Follow your local host to one of Singapore’s oldest Buddhist temples. Architectural lovers will enjoy the colorful Chinese design and decoration. Then visit another local temple, with a completely different design in the Southern-Indian style.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Snacks - Local Dessert Tasting
- Private tour
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and beverages not listed as inclusions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cathedral of the Good Shepherd, A Queen St Bras Basah MRT Station / City Hall MRT Station, Singapore 188533 Singapore
Stroll through this local market close to Cathedral of the Good Shepherd and hear about market's Indonesian roots from your local host
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: St Joseph's Church, 143 Victoria Street St. Joseph's Church, Singapore 188020 Singapore
Explore this vibrant market known for its dried food, seafood and tonic in St Joseph's Church surroundings
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kuan Yin Thong Hood Cho Temple, 178 Waterloo Street Kwan im Temple, Singapore 187964 Singapore
Admire the intricate design of one of Singapore’s oldest Buddhist temples
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Sri Krishnan Temple, 152 Waterloo Street Krishnan Temple, Singapore 187961 Singapore
Explore a local temple built in a classic South-Indian style. Then swing by a local food market and try the local dessert, chendol
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :Bugis, Singapore
Return Detail :270 Queen St, Singapore 180270
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.