Private North Tour to Jerash, Ajloun, and Umm Qais from Dead Sea
Discover ancient civilizations from the Roman Empire and beyond on this private day tour to Jerash, Ajloun, and Umm Qais from Dead Sea. Follow your private guide through the streets of Jerash Greco – Roman city, widely considered among the best-preserved of all the world’s ancient Roman cities. Admire plazas, temples, theaters, and colonnaded avenues once abuzz with life under Roman rule. Discover settlements dating from the Bronze and Iron Age, gaze back over 2,500 years of human occupation. With your private guide to lead the way, choose your route to see the attractions of most interest. Continue to Ajloun, a hilltop medieval fortress built to defend against the Crusaders. Visit Umm Qais, a scenic hillside site strewn with the well-preserved ruins of the Greco-Roman city of Gadara. Local Guide, and private round-trip transportation is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Private Transfer by a leisure air conditioned vehicle according number of participants
- English Speaking Driver
- Entrance fees to Jerash Roman Ruins, Ajloun Castle, and Umm Qais; if option Jordan Pass not selected
- Local English-Speaking Guide for the classic visit of Jerash
- On board WI-FI
- Entry/Admission - Jerash Ruins
- Entry/Admission - Oval Plaza
- Entry/Admission - Ajloun Castle
What's excluded :
- All type of meals, unless option with lunch selected (Vegetarian meal by request)
- All type of beverages
- All type of gratuities (Tips to the Driver) – Recommended
- Personal Expenses
- Anything else not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jerash Ruins, Jerash Jordan
Begin your private tour with a pick up from your Dead Sea hotel, and travel by comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle to Jerash with your own private English-Speaking Driver who doubles up as your guide. Wander among the original temples, theaters, plazas, paths, and colonnaded streets, all enclosed within the remaining city walls. Within the city walls have been found the remains of settlements dating from the Bronze Age, the Iron Age, the Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine, Umayyad, and Abbasid periods; indicating human occupation at this location for more than 2,500 years. A local English-Speaking Guide will be included for your classic 2 hours visit of this Roman Decapolis City of Jerash.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Oval Plaza, Archaeological Site Jerash, Jerash 26173 Jordan
This ancient city was one of the most prosperous in the Roman Empire, and was covered by sand for centuries until its remnants were discovered in 1806. Head through the ancient city gate and walk around the well-preserved ruins as your guide tells you tales about the city in its heyday. See its arches, theaters, and elegant colonnaded street. Snap photos of the stunning Oval Plaza, the Temples of Zeus and Artemis, as well as the intriguing egg-shaped public square framed by standing columns.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ajloun Castle, Ajloun National Park, Jerash 26173 Jordan
Having explored here, continue to the 12th-century Castle of Ajloun, built in the time of Saladin to defend against Crusader armies. Head inside this semi-intact hilltop fortress, roam the rambling corridors and staircases. See the murder holes used by the invaders, and admire the stunning views over the lush hills of the Jordan Valley from the towers.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Umm Qais, Umm Qais, Irbid Governorate
Finally, venture northward through Jordan’s green landscapes to the village of Umm Qais, overlooking the ruins of another Roman Decapolis city known as “Gadara”. Soak up the views from here over the Sea of Galilee and Golan Heights to explore the Greco-Roman ruins, including the amphitheater, crumbled mausoleum, basilica terrace, as well as other theaters and treasures. Then, visit the town’s museum to admire some of the precious artifacts recovered from the site, including mosaics and marble statues. Then, reconvene with your vehicle and relax on your long ride back to Dead Sea where your trip ends with a hotel drop-off.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Hotel in Dead SeaDates: DailyReturn point: Returns to original departure point
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Jordan Entry Regulations “Safe Travels”- World Travel Tourism Council: No quarantine, Negative valid PCR test 72hours prior arrival, Another PCR test mandatory upon arrival, payment 28 JOD /40 USD per person for travelers above 5 years, cost directly at this link https://registration.questlabjo.com/
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.