Private Rainbow Tour to Discovery Sintra - Tickets Included
Enjoy the best monuments without losing time in the pleasant town of Sintra, 40 km east of Lisbon, affords a rewarding 9 hours tour experience. In the morning see the Moorish castle (1h) situated on a hill overlooking the city of Sintra and Lisbon. After visit the magnificent Pena Palace (2h) exemplifies the 19th century Romanticism style of architecture. Then explore Sintra historic town centre during the lunch time (1-3pm) and visit the National Palace of Sintra. In the afternoon 5 km west of Sintra admires the Quinta da Regaleira (2h), classified as World Heritage by UNESCO this romantic architectural complex is comprised of a Palace, a Chapel, and gardens with grottos. Before returning enjoying a scenic drive along the Atlantic coast, and stop at Roca Cape - the westernmost extent of mainland Portugal. Your tour also includes a free and flexible pick-up (9am) and drop-off (6pm) from your located accommodations, private driver/guide and Tickets included dont lose time in queues.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sintra Local Market, Largo D. Fernando II Sao Pedro de Sintra, Sintra Portugal
In the 19th century Sintra became the first centre of European Romantic architecture. Ferdinand II turned a ruined monastery into a castle where this new sensitivity was displayed in the use of Gothic, Egyptian, Moorish and Renaissance elements and in the creation of a park blending local and exotic species of trees. Other fine dwellings, built along the same lines in the surrounding serra , created a unique combination of parks and gardens which influenced the development of landscape architecture throughout Europe.
Sintra is simply a must, if you are in the area of Lisbon! The old Moorish city, which was recaptured in 1147 by the Portuguese King Alfons 1, has been the summer residence of the Portuguese kings and the aristocracy for more than 600 years. Today Sintra is a popular tourist spot, surely not least because of its mild humid climate and its picturesque location at the foot of the small coastal mountains Sierra de Sintra that rise sharply above the city. The main attraction, however, are its historical sights.
The landmark of Sintra is the National Palace (Palacio Nacional), with its huge, conic, white twin chimneys, which rise above the large palace kitchen, and are visible from quite a distance. It is one of the most important examples of regal architecture in Portugal and for that reason is classified as a National Monument.
The palace was continuously inhabited as a royal summer residence from the 14th to the 20th c. It is a conglomerate of different architectural styles. Elaborate wood carved ceilings, which arch over the rooms and marvellous wall decoration with ceramic tiles from the 15th/16th centuries, the Azulejos,, bear witness to the Arabic influence. The tiles were manufactured in Seville and it is the oldest and most extensive collection on the Iberian Peninsula.
Begin your day tour with a pick up at you hotel at 9AM.
Arriving to Sintra visit some of the historic town’s most famous monuments.
• Sintra Village
• Regaleira Estate
• National Palace of Sintra
• Moorish Castel
• Pena Palace
After a day full of sightseeing return back to your hotel at 6PM
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sintra-Cascais Natural Park, Portugal
Sintra is the most popular day trip from Lisbon, just 30km / 19mi from the Portuguese capital. Take the train out to the beautiful village, a Unesco World Heritage Site since 1995.
The village boasts extraordinary palaces, Pena Palace, a Moorish castle, a semitropical garden and scenic views.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Park and National Palace of Pena, Estrada da Pena, Sintra 2710-609 Portugal
Sintra hills, the Pena Palace is a national monument and one of the most popular tourist attractions in Portugal. Tickets included
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Castelo dos Mouros, Estrada da Pena Parque de Monserrate, Sintra 2710-609 Portugal
In 1147, the Moorish forces in southwestern Iberia surrendered a key piece of defensive real estate to the Christian forces led by Afonso Henriques: Castelo dos Mouros, or Castle of the Moors.
Long considered siege-proof and undefeatable, the peaceful conquest of the defensive outpost by Henriques was one of the main turning points in the European’s efforts to remove the ruling North African Moors from the continent, and set Portugal on the road to its own independent history throughout the next near millennia.
Built some 300 years prior, the Castle of the Moors stood on one of the highest points in the area, safeguarding the important trade town of Sintra, and the largely agricultural region around it, from attack. Tickets Inccluded
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Quinta da Regaleira, Rua Barbosa do Bocage, Sintra 2710-567 Portugal
Quinta da Regaleira is one of the most amazing monuments of the Serra de Sintra. Located at the end of the historical center of the city, it was built between 1898 and 1913.Tickets included
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We’re certified by the Official Tourism entity ‘Turismo de Portugal’ with the hygiene-certification stamp to identify ‘Clean & Safe’. We operate only private tour and pick-up and drop-off all passengers. Please indicate the pick-up location.Our guides are experienced professionals, courteous and drive defensive and safety with only one objective to ensure your satisfaction.Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port - Jardim do Tabaco Quay, Doca Jardim do Tabaco Terminal de Cruzeiros de Lisboa, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 1100-651 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This is a Private Tour please inform your Hotel / Port / Apartment Address for Pick-up and Drop Off in Lisbon region / Cascais / Sintra.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Coronavirus Safety Measures - The safety and well-being of everyone who uses our services are always our priority. We are actively monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are taking steps to help keep our customers safe.
- We’re certified by the Official Tourism entity ‘Turismo de Portugal’ with the hygiene certification stamp ‘Clean & Safe’.
- For our safety, we operate only private tour and pick-up/drop-off all passengers. We clean and disinfect our vehicles every tour and we provide hand sanitizer and masks to our customers.
- Our guides are experienced professionals, courteous and drive defensive and safety with only one objective to ensure your safety and satisfaction.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We're certified by the Official Tourism entity 'Turismo de Portugal' with the hygiene certification stamp 'Clean&Safe'. We clean and disinfect our vehicles every tour and we provide hand sanitizers and masks to our customers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.