Private Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens Walking Tour
Exploring Tasmania's only botanic garden with a personal guide is the best way to find out the stories and secrets behind the plants and architecture on this expansive 14 hectare site. Your guide will reveal which Tasmanian plants bees like to make honey from, which species are rare and threatened, and the unusual efforts taken to save an historic Cork Oak from threat. This tour includes time to wander the set of The Patch (as featured on ABC television's Gardening Australia).
per adult from
What's included :
- Exclusive commentary of the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Garden's main highlights.
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, Lower Domain Road Queens Domain, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
Discover how the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens developed from a colonial produce garden into a collection showcasing plants and tall trees from around the world.
Your guide will lead you through many highlights, sharing stories of the people and plants that make this garden unique and revealing the behind-the-scenes work protecting Tasmanian species for the future. Find out what subantarctic pioneers ate to survive, which trees have outlived the dinosaurs, and enjoy the beauty of our blooms.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, Lower Domain Rd, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Tour departs in all weather. No refunds provided due to inclement weather.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All guides have completed Tasmanian Government Covid-19 Safety Training. Perspex safety screens have been installed at payment stations. Visitor numbers in indoor spaces are strictly limited to ensure social distancing can be maintained. Directional arrows are in place on narrow pathways.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.