Private Santiago de Compostela Tour with Ticket to Cathedral
Explore Santiago de Compostela, declared by UNESCO as a world heritage site, next to a local licensed tour guide. You will discover, explore and learn the history, legends and secrets of this wonderful city next to a local expert.
This famous pilgrimage site in north-west Spain became a symbol in the Spanish Christians' struggle against Islam. Destroyed by the Muslims at the end of the 10th century, it was completely rebuilt in the following century. With its Romanesque, Gothic and Baroque buildings, the Old Town of Santiago is one of the world's most beautiful urban areas. The oldest monuments are grouped around the tomb of St James and the cathedral, which contains the remarkable Pórtico de la Gloria.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/apartment pickup and drop-off (if hotel is centrally located)
- Local taxes
- Private official tour guide in english for 3,5 hours
- Skip the line ticket to Santiago de Compostela cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral De Santiago de Compostela
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to Monastery of San Martin Pinario
- Entry/Admission - Monasterio de San Martin Pinario
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza del Obradoiro, Santiago de Compostela Spain
Main square and municipal center of the city. Here is where the wonderful cathedral is located. Your guide will explain you the origin of the city, the cathedral and what does Obradoiro means.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Cathedral De Santiago de Compostela, Praza do Obradoiro S/N, 15704, Santiago de Compostela Spain
Around the Cathedral, which is a world-renowned masterpiece of Romanesque art, Santiago de Compostela retains a valuable historic centre worthy of one of the greatest holy cities of Christianity.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Plaza de las Platerias, Plaza Praterias s/n, 15704, Santiago de Compostela Spain
This square is one of the main symbols of Santiago, and is named after the many shops of silver articles in its arcades. You will see a 19th Century Fountain, Casa del Cabildo and Casa de los Canónigos.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Praza da Quintana de Vivos, 15074, Santiago de Compostela Spain
Here is located the oldest convent in the city: San Paio de Antealtares. From here you can also see the Portico Real of the Cathedral, the towers Berenguela and Torre del Reloj and the Puerta del Perdon (which opens only in a Holy Year)
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Monasterio de San Martin Pinario, Praza San Martino S/n, 15704, Santiago de Compostela Spain
This monumental site was built during the 16th Century. It was built over a Romanesque church, which has been an important medieval religious center.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Parroquia de Nuestra Señora la Antiga de Corticela, Catedral de Santiago de Compostela, Praza da Inmaculada, s/n, 15704 Santiago de Compostela, La Coruña, Spain
Located in Plaza de Azabachería
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela, Praza do Obradoiro, s/n, 15704 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel must be in the heart of the city center for walking pick up, otherwise meeting point in front of the cathedral.
Return Detail :University of Santiago de Compostela, Praza do Obradoiro, 0, 15705 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- COVID-19 SAFE - As this is a private tour we take care of maintaining social distance
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.