Private Santorini’s Highlights, Culinary and Wine Delights Tour
Immerse yourself in the spectacular beauty of the one and only Santorini on this laid-back tour of the most photographed landmarks on the island. In between stopping for photo ops, you’ll eat your way through Santorini’s highlights and culinary delights by exploring the island’s beautiful villages. Wake up your taste buds along the way with local specialties in authentic spots and Santorini wines, globally-known for their unique character.
This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Sampling of local products such as olives, cheeses, fava, tomato-fritters
- Local specialty tapas
- Local wine (wine tasting)
- Entry/Admission - Castelli of Pyrgos
- Entry/Admission - Santo Winery
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fira, Fira, Santorini, Cyclades, South Aegean
Your day starts with a stroll around Fira, Santorini’s capital, to enjoy uninterrupted views of Santorini caldera while your guide shares some stories about the island.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Firostefani, Firostefani, Santorini, Cyclades, South Aegean
Continuing our tour, we’ll stop at a vantage point to admire the photogenic blue dome of the Virgin Mary Orthodox Church, the most-renowned location in Santorini.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Oia, Oia, Santorini, Cyclades, South Aegean
Next, we’ll head to Oia, easily the most popular village of Santorini due to its dramatic setting at the edge of a steep cliff and its charismatic beauty. Stroll around cobblestone alleyways with whitewashed houses and snap photos from viewpoints only locals know about.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Castelli of Pyrgos, Pyrgos 84701 Greece
We’ll then move inland to the village of Pyrgos, the former capital of Santorini, where we’ll explore its pastel-coloured houses, blue-domed churches, and vineyards. Through winding pathways, we’ll walk all the way up the ruins of a medieval castle to admire amazing vistas. Going downhill to the village, it’s time to relax your muscles in a lovely spot where you’ll snack on some local, seasonal mezedes (Greek tapas) such as tomato fritters, fava, white eggplant, cold cuts, and local cheese.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Red beach, Greece
Once you’ve filled your belly, we’ll head to our next view point at the edge of the island and admire Santorini’s unique Red Beach. Next, we’ll stop at one of the oldest lighthouses in Greece, the Akrotiri Lighthouse, which dates back to 1892 and according to many, boasts the best views in all of Santorini!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Santo Winery, Pyrgos 84701 Greece
Our tour wouldn’t be complete without tasting exceptional Santorini wines, famous for their unique character that comes from the island’s volcanic conditions and local cultivation techniques. Enjoy not one or two but 6 premium wines during a tasting session in a local winery with dazzling caldera views and a selection of local cuts and cheeses.
Before we part ways, don’t forget to ask your local guide for more hints and tips on how to get the best of your trip to amazing Santorini.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Remember to write your designated pickup and drop-off area when you book. This service is free. Departure location: at your request anywhere in Santorini, Hotel, Port, Airport, Cable Car in Fira if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.Airports
- Santorini Airport, Greece
- Santorini Old Port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Please wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- Remember to write your designated pickup and drop-off area when you book. This service is free. Departure location: at your request anywhere in Santorini, Hotel, Port, Airport, Cable Car in Fira if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- Most travelers can participate
- All of the food you sample during your tour is locally sourced from Santorini and nearby islands, which supports local farmers and helps preserve Satorini's culinary traditions.
- All of the stores you visit on your tour are 100% locally owned and run.
- At least one store on your itinerary is dedicated to the preservation of locally-produced crafts and edibles.
- As part of your tour you'll visit a local winery that promotes Santorini's ancient pruning techniques as well as indigenous varieties of grapes.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.