Private Shore Excursion from Messina Port: The Godfather Country
This day excursion is designed for those who wish to enjoy the countryside and surrounding villages where Francis Ford Coppolla filmed The Godfather trilogy.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private English-speaking Driver
- Port pick-up and drop-off
- Hop-on hop-off tour
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Taormina, Taormina, Province of Messina, Sicily
In the 1800s, after the Goethe praised its beauty throughout Europe, mentioning it in his book Italian Journey, Taormina became a mandatory stop on the Grand Tour – the long journey made in continental Europe – by the young European aristocracy of the time to enrich their own culture.
Today, it is a tourist capital of Sicily and many travellers enliven its streets throughout the year.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Ancient Theatre of Taormina, Via del Teatro Greco, 1, 98039, Taormina, Sicily Italy
The ancient Greeks loved to construct their buildings in beautiful scenic locations Here they found the pairing of Etna and the bay of Naxos, with a wonderful view that when the air is clear can reach the coast of Calabria.
It is, surely, the main monument of the city, not only for its intrinsic artistic value, but also for the scenic location in which it is placed. The view enjoyed from up there is even defined as the view par excellence. The one that is not to be missed when in Sicily.
Stop At: Savoca, Savoca, Province of Messina, Sicily
Savoca (Messina), one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, whose name is derived from the plant of the elder (savucu in Sicilian dialect), a shrub that still grows wild in the cracks between houses and which is represented in the medieval coat of arms of the village.
This small town set in the rock of a hill of dual tip, experienced the interest of kings, popes and Archimandrite prelates, in a succession of periods of serious crisis and prosperity. The basalt blocks lying on roads leading between separate small houses, freshly restored with Sicilian tiles on the roofs and windows framed in stone, then following streets in the rock here you’ll find extremely fragmented ruins and old cisterns.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Port of Messina, Via Vittorio Emanuele II, 27, 98122 Messina ME, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- No wheelchair accessible
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- • Hands must be washed frequently with soap and water or with an alcohol-based gel • Do not share food or drinks
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.