Private Shore Excursion from Valparaiso: Valparaiso & Casas del Bosque Vineyard
Spend a wonderful day on the coast exploring the colorful port city of Valparaiso and enjoy a wine tasting at the exclusive Casas del Bosque Vineyard in the Casablanca Valley!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private Transportation from Cruise Terminal in Valparaiso
- Multilingual Guide
- Bottled Water
- Funicular Ride in Valparaiso
- Winery Tour and "Aromas" Wine Tasting
- Entry/Admission - Vina Casas del Bosque
What's excluded :
- Optional Gratuity for Guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Puerto, Valparaíso, Chile
No trip to Chile is complete without visiting the colorful coastal city of Valparaiso. We will pick you up at the Cruise Terminal in Valparaiso.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Valparaíso, Chile
Our first stop will be Punta Angeles Lighthouse where you will have a panoramic view of the entire harbor. Then, we head to the city center at Plaza Sotomayor and ride up an old funicular to Concepcion and Alegre Hills. Bohemian and colorful, Valparaiso’s maze of hills has long inspired poets and writers. You will discover something new at every turn – a gem of a building, a remarkable art gallery or some little gastronomic ‘find’. Revel in the architecture of this UNESCO World Heritage City. Stroll along its narrow streets, climb its endless staircases, and enjoy panoramic views from its many lofty lookout points.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Vina Casas del Bosque, Hijuela 2. Ex Fundo Santa Rosa Valle de Casablanca, Casablanca Chile
After exploring Valparaiso, we will journey inland to the Casablanca Valley where we will stop at Casas del Bosque Vineyard for a tour and wine tasting. Today, Casas del Bosque is one of the most important wineries in Chile. In 1993, a family of Italian descendants established the winery. The large old pine and olive trees, and small white houses of adobe, define the name “Casas del Bosque” (Houses of the Forest). Currently, the vineyard has 580 acres of planted vines, exclusively dedicated to the production of cool-climate varieties of wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Noir and Syrah. One of Casas del Bosque’s biggest strengths is its soil. In the hills, red clay composites of volcanic origin sit on top of decomposed granite layers formed 110 million years ago beneath the Pacific Ocean. This soil gives their wines the unique characteristic sea salt flavor. Casas del Bosque has gained great prestige over the years and in 2010 became the Best Vineyard to Visit in Chile. Enjoy an informative tour, browse their gift shop and relax in their outdoor lounge area!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Valparaiso Passenger Terminal (VTP), Nudo Baron Sin Numero, Valparaíso, Chile
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up directly at the Cruise Terminal in Valparaiso. Guests should walk through the cruise terminal building to the exit where they will find their guide holding a "Chile Dream Tours" sign.Ports
- Valparaiso Passenger Terminal (VTP), Nudo Baron Sin Numero, Valparaíso, Chile
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- The order of sites visited may vary.
- We believe the best way to explore Valparaiso is by walking its cobblestone streets and alleyways, however, if you have any physical limitations, please let your guide know at the beginning of the tour. If requested, this walking portion of the tour in Valparaiso can be done in the tour van.
- Although this is a private tour with your own vehicle and guide, there may be other visitors at the vineyard joining you on the winery tour and tasting, which is beyond our control.
- This tour is available daily, except on January 1 and December 25, due to the closure of Casas del Bosque Vineyard.
- An alternative vineyard will be visited if Casas del Bosque does not have availability on the date selected.
- Tour length may vary depending on amount of time in Port and itinerary may be modified accordingly.
- Most travelers can participate
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing in compliance with the U.N. World Health Organization’s Guidelines to Restart Tourism (25 May 2020). You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing. You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.