Private Sofia Tour with Unique Local Food & Drinks Experience
This tour is a great chance to learn more about the history of the town and to try the local foods and drinks. You will explore Sofia with a knowledgeable guide who will take you arround all of the interesting sites in the center. You will also stop at some places to try a variety of traditional local foods and drinks. This is a private or small group tour.
• Discover the heritage of Sofia, its old buildings and places
• Visit the most important cultural and historical places
• Learn more about the typical local foods and drinks
• Taste the traditional delicious “banitsa”, “shopska” salad and sweets
• Try the local drinks like “ayran” and some beer
per adult from
What's included :
- private local guide
- sightseeing tour in the heart of Sofia
- a lot of food tasting that will include: banitsa & ayran, shopska salad, homemade bread, local beer and sweets
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - City Tour
What's excluded :
- additional food & drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: City Tour, Sofia Bulgaria
The tour starts at 12;30 from Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. Your guide will take you around all of the interesting sites in the center of Sofia- the Cathedral, the Basilica, the Presidency, the Roman heritage, and others- and will tell you about their history as well as about the overall history of Sofia and Bulgaria.
While you enjoy the sightseeing tour, your guide will also take you to some ‘hidden’ places, which you will hardly find on your own. In these places you will have the chance to try some of the most famous Bulgarian drinks and foods such as: “ayran”- salty yogurt drink, “banithsa”- pastry with white cheese, “shopksa salad”- the traditional Bulgarian salad with tomatoes and cucumbers, local “meze” (salami), home-style bread and some sweets like “baklava”.
This tour is a great chance to learn more about the history of the town and to try the local foods and drinks.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Cathedral Saint Aleksandar Nevski, pl. "Sveti Aleksandar Nevski", 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :bulevard "Vitosha", bul. "Vitosha", Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.