Private Squamish day trip
We start our Squamish day trip with a visit to the famous Britannia beach Mine Museum, inside the mine we are treated to a full narration of techniques and history of mining, 1.3 hrs later Mr Lawrence will then take you on a 20 min nature walk to the base of The spectacular Shannon Falls (three times higher than Niagara falls). We then take the brand new Sea-to-Sky gondola ride to the Summit Lodge, crossing the 100 meter Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge, we take a nice 20 min walk on the Panorama trail to the viewpoint offering fabulous viewpoints of the Sound, and the Chief climbing mountain.For lunch and we will be heading to the Howe Sound Brewing Company to enjoy the food and drink in this local log/plank big house the most popular restaurant in Squamish. Please note:The Railway Heritage Park will be closed to June 1rst 2020, to finish the day a visit to the West Coast Railway Heritage Museum to see the Famous Royal Hudson steam train and an amassing collection of railway memorabilia.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes Benz Sprinter tour van
What's excluded :
- Gratuities are not included and are on an individual basis
- Lunch costs
- Entry/Admission - Lawrence Tours
- Entry/Admission - Britannia Mine Museum
- Entry/Admission - Sea to Sky Gondola
- Entry/Admission - West Coast Railway Heritage Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lawrence Tours, Vancouver, British Columbia V5A 1B6 Canada
Pickup will be from your hotel 9am-10am, then you will set out on a 45-minute drive into the mountains. Your first stop will be the Britannia Mine Museum. Here, visitors are given a train ride and detailed escorted tour through an ore haulage tunnel that was drilled in 1914 to transport minerals to the original ore separation sheds (admission charges apply).
Next, your guide takes you on a nature walk to the base of the spectacular Shannon Falls, the third highest waterfall in British Columbia. After, you will venture out on a sea-to-sky gondola ride to the Summit Lodge, where you’ll get to cross the 100 meter Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge, offering fabulous viewpoints of the Sound, and the Chief (admission charges apply).
The next stop is the West Coast Railway Heritage Museum where you’ll find more than 90 pieces of heritage railway car. Following is the Howe Sound Brewing Company to enjoy some food and drink in this local favorite (food and drink charges apply).
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Britannia Mine Museum, 1 Forbes Way, Britannia Beach, British Columbia V0N 1J0 Canada
complete mine tour inside and outside venues
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Shannon Falls Provincial Park, Squamish, British Columbia V0N 1H0 Canada
An easy walk to the base of the observation platform where view and talk about the ancient history of the Falls and surrounding areas.This spectacular waterfall is three times higher than Niagara falls.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sea to Sky Gondola, 36800 Highway 99, Squamish, British Columbia V8B 0B6 Canada
This part of the tour is optional, we ride the 6 person gondola to the brand new summit lodge and enjoy the views of the Squamish valley then and take 20 minute nature walk to the Panorama view point. A perfect follow up after lunch to stretch your legs and breathe fresh mountain air.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: West Coast Railway Heritage Park, 39645 Government Road, Squamish, British Columbia V8B 0B6 Canada
This part of the tour is optional, This museum houses some very interesting exhibits from beautifully renovated sleeper cars, postal cars, utility trains, and the famous Royal hudson steam engine, over 90 exhibits perfect local for the train buff in your group
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Canada Place, Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC V6C, Canada
Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotel in the downtown Vancouver locations, if your staying at a residence or out in the Burnaby area call us for pick up
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Due to the Pandemic certain conditions have been ensured for the safety and comfort of clients, guests are outdoors mostly, masks will be worn inside vehicle, all surfaces will regularly wiped, restaurants are handed picked by the company that exceed requirements for a safe and comfortable dining
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.