Private Tour: Assisi Day Trip from Rome
Swap the big city bustle for medieval small-town charms on this private day trip from Rome to Assisi. In the company of your very own knowledgeable English-speaking driver, travel through the Umbrian hills to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town of Assisi. See the Church of Santa Chiara, the birthplace and childhood home of St Francis of Assisi, as well as the town hall square and the Roman Temple of Minerva. After lunch (own expense), visit the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Live commentary on board
- Private vehicle for the day
- Flexible itinerary
- Transport by air-conditioned sedan/minivan
- Courtesy and service
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Walking tour guide inside the sites
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: DriverinRome Transportation & Tours, Via Pian del Marmo 21, 00166 Rome Italy
During this Day tour excursion from Rome you will have the chance to travel to real Italy, far away from the modern highways and large cities, in the heart of the Umbrian countryside, where small ancient villages are waiting to be discovered. One of them is Assisi, an oasis of art, architecture and spirituality and the home of Saint Francis, one of Italy's most beloved saints.
Stop At: Basilica di Santa Chiara, Piazza Santa Chiara, 06081, Assisi Italy
.Leaving Rome in a northerly direction, you will cross the valley of the Tevere, passing by typical medieval villages such as Deruta, Todi e Perugia before arriving in Assisi. Here you will start your walk through the narrow streets of the village to see the church of Santa Chiara, containing the remains of Saint Clare, a follower of Saint Francis and founder of the Order of Poor Ladies, and then on to see the house where St. Francis was born and spent the first years of his life.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Basilica Superiore di San Francesco d' Assisi, Piazza San Francesco, Assisi Italy
All roads will take you to the Basilica of San Francesco. This grandiose and gorgeously embellished Basilica is a rather incongruous memorial to a man who preached and lived a simple life of poverty, abstinence, and renunciation of worldly goods in search of greater spirituality.
It is however, one of the world's most wonderful encounters between religion and art. Unique paintings by Cimabue, Pietro Lorenzetti, Simone Martini and Giotto, have made the Basilica of St. Francis a fundamental reference point for the development of Italian and European art and architecture.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Basilica di Santa Maria degli Angeli - Porziuncola, Piazza della Porziuncola 1, 06081, Assisi Italy
Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli where you can see the Porziuncola Chapel, the place from where the Franciscan movement started, and the site where St. Francis died in 1226. Driving back to your hotel, revel in the memory of the day coming to its end.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Tour starts at your centrally located Rome hotel.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- If you are not ready to depart at the assigned time , we cannot promise to fulfill the mentioned itinerary nor promise to extend the duration of the tour.
- Your driver is not a licensed tour guide. Due to strict Italian laws and regulations in place to protect officially licensed guides, drivers can comment and explain attractions only from inside the vehicle. Drivers cannot elaborate on the attractions when they are outside of the vehicle
- This is a private service no one will join your party
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.