Private Tour: Dendara and Abydos
The approach path to the Temple of Hathor is between two Roman fountains that end at the massive entry gate. Hathor was the goddess of pleasure and love and was generally shown as a cow, or woman with a cow's head.
The enclosure walls are mud-brick and date to the Roman era. Within the walls are the temple, two birth houses, a Coptic Basilica, a sanitarium, a sacred lake and the Temple of the Birth of Isis. The temple has a long history with evidence that Pepi I (Old Kingdom) rebuilt the temple, while other texts refer to reconditioning by Thutmose III, Amenhotep III and Rameses II and III (New Kingdom). Additions were made during the Greek, Roman and Ptolemy periods.
Abydos in Middle Egypt is an ancient holy place and burial ground of the rulers of the late prehistoric proto-kingdom, as well as the first attested kings of the politically unified Egyptian state.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation by air-conditioned minivans
- Bottled mineral water during the tour
- All taxes, fees, handling charges
What's excluded :
- entrance fees for all sight-seen above
- Entry/Admission - Abydos
- Entry/Admission - Dendera Temple Complex
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Abydos, Al Balyana, Sohag Egypt
Abydos is one of the oldest cities of ancient Egypt. Considered one of the most important archaeological sites in Egypt, the sacred city of Abydos was the site of many ancient temples and a royal necropolis where early pharaohs were entombed.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Dendera Temple Complex, Dendera Egypt
Dendera is a small town and former bishopric in Egypt situated on the west bank of the Nile, about 5 kilometres (3 mi) south of Qena, on the opposite side of the river. It is located approximately 60 kilometres (37 mi) north of Luxor and remains a Latin Catholic titular see.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up Time : 6:00 AmPorts
- airport luxor
- Any Cruise Nile Port in Luxor
- railway station
- Any Hotel in East bank of Luxor
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.