Private Tour: Douro Valley Wine Experience from Porto
Depart to the majestic Douro Valley, UNESCO heritage site, and oldest demarcated wine region in the world. On this private tour experience the amazing scenery of the vineyards climbing the hills of the famous Douro River, award winning wineries and amazing food & wine. This tour unfolds the port wine culture that has shaped this region as well as the rich history and lifestyle of the locals. A truly memorable event!
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Private transportation in modern spacious air conditioned Mercedes vehicle
- Freeway tolls
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Complimentary bottled water
What's excluded :
- Lunch and entrance fees to wineries
- Optional river cruise
- Entry/Admission - Quinta da Pacheca
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Amarante, Amarante, Porto District, Northern Portugal
Stop for a traditional pastry and coffee with views of the Roman Bridge and Sao Goncalo Monastery in the background. A charming visit to this quaint and pretty town!
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Peso Da Regua, Peso Da Regua, Vila Real District, Northern Portugal
Continuing in the Douro Valley, pass through this town with great views and surrounding wineries
Stop At: Pinhao, Pinhao, Vila Real District, Northern Portugal
Visit the historic train station with its traditional azulejo tiles.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Quinta da Pacheca, Rua do Relogio do Sol, 261, Lamego 5100-424 Portugal
Indulge in a gourmet lunch followed by a wine tasting and tour of this winery and vineyards, or similar (subject to availability).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Casal de Loivos Viewpoint, Cabo da Rua, Casal de Loivos 5085-010 Portugal
View the gorgeous Douro Valley from this viewpoint, and many others. They will take your breathe away!
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Sao Joao da Pesqueira, Sao Joao da Pesqueira, Viseu District, Northern Portugal
Drive on "one of the most beautiful highways", the N222, winding along the Douro River with climbing vineyards on each side of the river!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If guests are staying outside of the centre, a pick up supplement will be quoted individually. Airports
- Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, Pedras Rubras, 4470-558 Vila Nova da Telha, Portugal
- Terminal de Cruzeiros do Porto de Leixões, Rua do Godinho, Portaria junto do monumento Senhor do Padrão, 4450-208 Matosinhos, Portugal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes; terrain is uneven with cobblestone
- If arriving by cruise, please advise your cruise ship details at time of booking
- The listed price does not include lunch or entrance fees to wineries
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We are proud to inform you that our company is certified by the Portuguese Tourism Bureau with "CLEAN & SAFE" stamp of approval to distinguish tourist activities which are compliant with hygiene and cleaning requirements for the prevention and control of COVID-19 and other possible infections.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.