Private Tour from Bangalore to Talakadu and Somnathpur
This full-day excursion allows you to visit Somnathpur and Talakadu. Key highlights include a guided tour of the 13th-century temple of Chennakesava at Somnathpur, the 14th century Vaidyanatheswara temple at Talakadu, with its famous Queen’s curse and mystery of sand dunes. This experiential and guided tour can be organized in a private car or a classic Royal Enfield motorcycle. Whatever you choose, we guarantee an experience that will stimulate all your 5 senses.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private guide
- Pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Sri Vaidhyanatheshwara Temple
- Entry/Admission - Keerthi Narayana Temple
- Entry/Admission - Somnathpur Temple
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Five Senses Tours, Bengaluru 560055 India
Stop At: Sri Vaidhyanatheshwara Temple, Talkad, Karnataka 571122, India
Hotel pick up will be at 730 am and we will head towards Talakadu, located 130km from Bangalore. The journey will take 3 hours.
Talakadu used to be a flourishing town with more than 30 temples during ancient times. The legendary Queen’s curse buried the entire town with sand dunes. We will visit Vaidyanatheswara temple, one of the 5 temples excavated from the sands. Over the next 2 hours, we will explore this granite structure built in the 14th century by Chola Kings and dedicated to Lord Shiva. We will also visit Pataleshwara Shiva temple where the Lingam is supposed to change colors through the day from red, black and white.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Keerthi Narayana Temple, Chamarajanagar District, Talakad India
Next, we will visit Keertinarayana temple, built using black granite and bricks, and a splendid example of Hoysala style of architecture. This was built to commemorate the victory of King Vishnuvardhan over the Cholas. The highlight of this temple is the 2-meter tall main deity of the Lord.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Somnathpur Temple, Keshava Temple, Somanathapura Somanathapura Village, Mysuru (Mysore) 571120 India
Somnathpur is famous for the magnificent Chennakesava temple. This temple was built in 1268 by Somanatha, a general of King Narasimha III. We will explore the three shrines and three wonderfully carved peaks with a common Mandapa. The next couple of hours will be spent appreciating the 16 different ceilings, each depicting a different stage of a blooming banana flower, the central wall space adorned with images of deities with jewellery, bangles, crowns and anklets.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Footwear needs to be removed before entering temples and we have multiple temples on this itinerary. So slippers or slip-ons which can be easily removed, are preferable
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.