Private Tour: Marathon Battlefield, Ramnous Ancient City, & Schinias Beach
This is a tour for those wishing to explore unknown archaeological sites that even few Greeks have ever visited.
Off the beaten-path and within the eastern side of Athens, you will have the unique opportunity to explore the location of the famous battle of Marathon that took place in 490 BC but also the mysterious to all (including the Greeks themselves) ancient Ramnous.
After a long day of discovering off the beaten path ancient battlefields and cities we head to the Schinias Beach. You can enjoy the rest of the day on the sand under the shade of the hundreds of pine trees along the shoreline. The waters are calm and relatively shallow. There are also a great number of cafeterias, restaurants and beach bars.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air conditioned vehicle
- A professional English speaking driver with good local knowledge
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Professional tour guide with a state license
- Food and drinks
- Any Private Expenses
- Entry/Admission - Marathon Tomb
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Museum of Marathon
- Entry/Admission - Ramnous Archaeological Site
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marathon Tomb, Marathon 190 07 Greece
The 9m-high tomb was erected at the site of the battle in memory of the 192 Athenians who had lost their lives fighting; there were originally 10 columns on top of the burial mound to represent the 10 tribes of Attica.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Archaeological Museum of Marathon, Vranas, Marathon 190 07 Greece
You continue to visit the Marathon Museum featuring important findings from various historical periods. It is located next to the Middle Helladic cemetery of Vrana and houses artifacts from the prehistoric age through the Roman period.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ramnous Archaeological Site, Kato Souli Marathon, Grammatiko, Marathon 999-20 Greece
In ancient times, Ramnous was known for its port and its castle. There are remains of two temples at the site: the Great Temple dedicated to Nemesis, the goddess of divine retribution, which is considered the most important sanctuary of this specific goddess in all of ancient Greece; and the Small Temple dedicated to Themis, the goddess of justice.
Both temples were built in the 5th century BC. There are also remains of the ancient theatre, the fortress and several grave sites. Besides the archeological sites, visitors are rewarded with the marvelous views toward Evoikos Bay and the surrounding lush green landscape.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Schinias Beach, Schinias National Park, Marathon Greece
After a long day of discovering off the beaten path ancient battlefields and cities we head to the Schinias Beach. This beautiful beach located in the Marathon area, has a length of approximately 3 kilometers, and it is one of the most beautiful beaches of Attica. You can enjoy the rest of the day on the sand under the shade of the hundreds of pine trees. The waters are calm and relatively shallow. There are also a great number of cafeterias, restaurants and beach bars.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Peiraias, ΚΟΛΟΚΟΤΡΏΝΗ 69 ΚΑΙ, Tsamadou, Pireas 185 31, Greece
- Lavrio Port, Port Authority, Lavrio, Greece
- Rafina port, Rafinas, Rafina 190 09, Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.