Private Tour: Nin and Royal Vineyards from Zadar
Explore the rich cultural heritage of Nin, home to the world's smallest cathedral and museums containing ancient ship remains. You'll also visit the Royal Vineyards and taste award-wining wines on this private tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Local guide
- Degustation of finest awarded vines
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - The Church of the Holy Cross
- Entry/Admission - St. Nicholas Church
- Entry/Admission - Solana Nin - Salt Museum
- Entry/Admission - Museum of Nin Antiquities
What's excluded :
- Delve into the stories and history of Nin on this private guided tour. You will be picked up from your hotel in Zadar and taken by private vehicle to Nin, a small city with a royal heritage.
Nin was founded by the Liburns and served as a hub for Croatian kings and bishops. The city's two main characteristics, salt and maritime, are still relevant today. Your private guide will tell you about the city's founding and growth as a royal destination, and also point out historic boat types still dotting the shore.
On the tour, you'll visit the world's smallest cathedral, the Salt Museum, and the City Museum, where you'll see the remains of ancient Roman and Liburnian ships. Your private guide will tell you stories of royalty and fascinating history, while giving you space to explore on your own. The Church of the Holy Cross is known as 'the smallest cathedral in the world' and is one of the most valuable monuments of early Croatian religious architecture. You will also visit the parish Church of St Anselm, the remains of a Roman temple which are some of the best-preserved on the eastern of the Adriatic Sea, and the Baptismal Font of Duke Višeslav, the first Croatian duke. At the Museum of Salt, you will learn about salt production and taste the region's famous 'salt flower.' You'll also visit to the Museum of Nin Antiquities, which features artifacts from Nin's founding to today. Finally, you will visit the monument of Grgur Ninski. According to legend, if you touch the toe of the bronze statue of Grgur Ninski, who was a bishop who advocated for a national script and the Slavonic language, you will have good luck.
Nin is surrounded by lagoons and beaches, with vast salt fields on the eastern side. Take some time to relax or photograph your surroundings.
After your city visit, you'll head to the Royal Vineyards, which are planted on land once owned by Croatian king Petar Krešimir IV. Here, you will learn about the winemaking process and taste some of Croatia's finest wines.
You will be dropped back at your hotel in Zadar at the end of the tour.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Zadar
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.