Private Tour of El Yunque National Rainforest from San Juan
Take advantage of this unique excursion that will take you to an area of the El Yunque Rainforest lesser known to the public. With the guidance of your private, certified tour guide you will embark on an estimate 30 minute hike that will take you to the forest rivers, natural pools and waterfalls. Learn important and interesting facts about the only Tropical Rainforest in the US Forest System, and about Puerto Rico in general. Let your senses bring you back to the times where the Taino roamed thru this same forest, and take in all the beauty it has to offer. Depending on your skills the guide may continue going further up the forest into other sets of natural pools and waterfall.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water, Gatorade, and light snacks
- Round-trip private transfer (from San Juan, Metro area, Rio Grande, Luquillo or Fajardo)
- Informative, friendly and professional Certified Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - El Yunque Rain Forest
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks (available for Purchase)
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included but greatly appreciated
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Yunque Rain Forest, El Yunque National Forest Puerto Rico
Escape into the El Yunque Rainforest in this private guided tour limited to a maximum of 6 travelers (additional fee per person will apply for up to 14 persons). The only tropical rainforest in the United States national forest system, El Yunque is a lush, tropical paradise full of green vegetation, tropical birds, and wildlife. During the tour, you will have the opportunity to hike and explore different zones of El Yunque Rainforest in a completely off the beaten path way.
After the initial 30 minute hike that includes river wading and rock climbing you will arrive to the first set of natural pools. Here you can swing from a rope, take a dip in a waterfall and enjoy going down on the natural waterslides (after a few minutes of a more strenuous rock climbing).
Learn fun facts on natural history education, medicinal and toxic plant identification, geology, ecology, the Island's history and many other subjects. Spot native flora and fauna, many of which are not found anywhere else on the planet.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If due to mobility issues, physical condition or small children in the group (please see complete list of safety requirement and limitations) you require for a less strenuous tour we offer an alternate option. However, we can only go on limited days a week, please contact us prior to booking in order to confirm availability for the more subtle Rainforest tour option.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up available within the San Juan, Rio Grande, Luquillo and Fajardo area. Airports
- Luis Munoz Marin Intl Airport, Carolina 979 Puerto Rico
- Pan-American Pier, Calle Muelle, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At the time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Due to uneven surfaces and the difficulty involved, this tour is not suitable for pregnant women past her first trimester, those with walking disabilities, with back or knee problems, or physical impairments
- Not suitable for participants with previous injuries, recent surgeries, heart conditions, vertigo, misbalance or other serious medical conditions.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (not suitable for children under 7 years).
- Operates based on weather and river conditions, there is a possibility of cancellation if conditions are not found safe during rainy days.
- You must have a good breakfast before departing on this tour
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, back problems, recent injuries or other serious medical conditions
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case.
- Vegetarian option is available at restaurant
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A maximum of 6 people per booking (Additional persons will have extra fee per person)
- Hotel/Port/AirBnB pickup is available from most centrally located San Juan hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Please wear comfortable clothing, tennis or hiking shoes (mandatory), swimsuit, bring a towel and change of clothes, sunscreen, and a camera
- If the Off the Beaten path version is not suitable for you, please contact us for further options that are lower impact.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.