Private Tour of Vatican Museums and Basilica with Hotel Pickup
This tour allows you to enjoy some of the most famous artistic treasures in the world, including Michelangelo's frescoed masterpiece on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and his "Last Judgment". To complete this unique experience, we'll offer you a private pick-up service from your accommodation with an English-speaking driver and luxury transportation. You will be guaranteed to skip the long lines and our staff will make sure you receive a proper VIP treatment!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
- Transfer with English-speaking driver and luxury vehicle
- Skip the line admission tickets
- Licensed tour guide
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- Optional gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
In this tailor-made tour at the Vatican museums, you will enjoy a complimentary pick-up service from your accommodation by one of our expert English-speaking drivers. You will be taken to the usually packed museum entrance, where you will meet you private tour guide, and with your "skip the line" ticket, you will skip the huge entry line and access the metal detector check. The tour will begin in a gorgeous panoramic terrace that offers a stunning view of St. Peter's dome; the perfect spot to take a great picture! The guide will then walk you through all the highlights of the museums which include masterpieces and artifacts from different cultures and civilizations. You will enter the Pio Clementine museum, famous for its unique Greek statues such as the Laocoon group, you will gasp at the length of the enormous Tapestry Hall, then through the Hall of the Painted Maps, you will enter the Sistine Chapel whose impact in history, religion and visual arts has no equal in the world. During the entire tour, your private tour guide will fill you on the historic and artistic significance of the world's greatest masterpieces!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
After visiting the Sistine Chapel, through a special door available only if accompanied by a licensed tour guide, you will reach the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter's Basilica. This is where Michelangelo's sculpture "Pieta" is kept and the tombs of the popes including St. John Paul II's and St. Peter the Apostle. The tour ends in St. Peter's square, where you will admire Bernini's colonnade and the stunning façade of the basilica. At last, for those interested in purchasing religious articles or official Vatican products, the tour guide will take you to the official Vatican gift store and eventually show you the nearest taxi station or subway.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pickup service from all accommodation facilities located in the city center. Hotels, B&B's and apartments. Please include, in your reservation, the accommodation name and its address. The time will be at 08.50 AM approxmatively, due to the traffic conditions you could wait 5 - 10 minutes more
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please allow 5-10 minutes of waiting time for pickup in case of traffic. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- The Audio headsets will be provided only if there are minimum 8 people in the group.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.