Private Tour: Singapore Heritage Food Tour -
Singapore's ethnic and cultural diversity is extremely conspicuous as seen by the huge range of its local cuisines, specifically Chinese, Malay, Indian and Peranakan.
The lively Geylang Serai market sits at the heart of the Malay community. Understandably, it features predominately Malay cuisine. However, plenty of Indian fare can be found here too. This famous market has a wet section selling fresh produce, from live fish to spices, as well as a food centre upstairs. It is the place to enjoy Singaporean favourites like Roti Prata and Thosai with a creamy glass of Teh Tarik.
The Joo Chiat / Katong neighbourhood is an area rich in history and exquisite architecture of pre-war shophouses. This neighbourhood is home to the famous Laksa (a spicy noodle soup popular in Peranakan cuisine) and Ondeh Ondeh (a glutinous rice balls dessert). Visit Kim Choo Kueh Chang, named after matriarch Madam Lee Kim Choo, whose nyonya rice dumplings have been devoured by locals since 1945.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Touring in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Services of a professional licensed English-speaking tour guide
- Food tasting
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any other food, drinks or snacks not already in Inclusions
- Any purchases of a personal nature
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Geylang Serai, Geylang Rd, Singapore Singapore
Market predominately Malay and Indian cuisine with a large Wet Market section.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Joo Chiat/Katong, Singapore 427585 Singapore
Neighbourhood with picture perfect architecture of pre-war shophouses.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We provide complimentary pickup service from selected major city hotels. At the end of the tour, we also offer a drop off service (most likely the same as was your pickup location).Hotel pickup is between 15-45 minutes before the schedules departure time. The time and location will be confirmed to you by email after making the booking.Customers are requested to be at this location 10 minutes prior to the pickup time.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Child age 3-11 years. Child rate applies when travelling with 2 paying Adults
- The sequence of the itinerary may alter depending on traffic or local conditions
- Tour does not operate when the market or food centre is closed for cleaning (Sundays)
- Minimium 2 Adults / Maximum 6 Persons
- Should your travel plans change, do not worry! I Asia Singapore will do all possible to change your booking to fit with your new travel arrangements free.
- Please note that some tours do not operate on public holidays, during festive period and events eg: F1
- Please note that some pick up hotels may be affected during the Formula 1. Should this be the case with your hotel, the alternative will be Rendezvous Hotel
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.