Private Tour: Sonargaon Full-day Sightseeing Tour; The Ancient Capital
Spend a Full-day exploring Sonargaon; the ancient capital of Bengal. You will Learn about the ancient history and culture of the country through visiting mentioned places and through a boat ride to a beautiful small island of the mighty River Meghna, Experience your visit to the Folk Arts & Crafts Museum, and the abandoned city of Panam, accompanied by a professional Historian guide. Explore your round-trip from Dhaka including a Traditional local lunch and all entrance fees to attractions.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Professional art historian guide
- Traditional Local cuisine Lunch
- Traditional Wooden Rowboat Ride
- Traditional Pulling Rickshaw Ride
- Transportation by both private and available communal vehicle
- Walking tour through small narrow streets around the old town
- Bottled water
- All entry Fees and Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Sonargaon Folk Art and Craft Museum
- Entry/Admission - Panam Nagar
- Entry/Admission - Meghna River
What's excluded :
- Drinks both Soft and Hard
- Any personal Expenses which is not mentioned.
- Guide and Drivers Tips
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: University of Dhaka, Nilkhet Rd, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
The University of Dhaka is one of the oldest university in modern Bangladesh. Established during the British King in 1921, it gained a reputation as the “Oxford of the East” during its early years and has been a significant contributor to the modern history of Bangladesh. After the partition of India, it became the focal point of progressive and democratic movements in Pakistan. Its students and teachers played a central role in the rise of Bengali nationalism and the independence of Bangladesh.
Stop At: Sonargaon Folk Art and Craft Museum Sonargaon Road, Sonargaon Bangladesh
Sonargaon is a historic city in central Bangladesh. It is one of the Ancient capitals of the historic region of Bengal and was an administrative center of eastern Bengal. It was also a port and trading center started from the Medieval era to British colonial rule, merchants built many Indo-Saracenic townhouses in the Panam neighborhood. You will visit Royal Palace and its adjacent folk Art and craft museum.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Goaldi Mosque, Goaldi Road Sonargaon, Dhaka City Bangladesh
Goaldi Mosque, Goaldi Road Sonargaon, Dhaka City Bangladesh
The Goaldi Mosque is one of the few surviving medieval monuments in Sonargaon. This beautiful single-domed Goaldi Mosque is the most impressive of the few extant monuments of the old capital city, and a good example of pre-Mughal architecture.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Panam Nagar, Sonargaon Rd, Sonargaon Bangladesh
One of the most glorious place of Sonargaon that offers ancient traditional structural and architectural views from Medieval Era, with its enormous beauty is really refreshing for a person who love to take photographs, observe the nature and history together. An amazing set of ruins, mostly from the Hindu era, with architecture influenced by Greece, Europe, China; the buildings are in various states of disrepair but there are still many interesting things to see.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Meghna River, Bangladesh
You will experience a Wooden-boat ride on the mighty River Meghna to see local lifestyle and their traditional daily activities, our all travelers liked this journey very much. Hope you will love it too.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup our travelers and guests from any centrally located Dhaka Hotel.Airports
- Zia Intl Airport, Dhaka City Bangladesh
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant meals not included
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.