Private Tour to Khor Virap, Areni Cave, Winery (wine degustation), Noravank
We invite you to take part in this 7 hours excursion which is conducted on comfortable vehicles equipped with air conditioning, accompanied by qualified guides. We will visit the most famous pilgrimage site of the Armenian Apostolic Church - Monastery Khor Virap, will participate in degustation of wine in Areni Winery and in the end of the trip will have chance to be in the monastic complex of Noravank. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned transport
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide service
- Bottled water
- Wine degustation
What's excluded :
- Take trip to Khor Virap Monastery (IV-XVIII th cc.). This monastery is very prominent because of its history: Gregory the Illuminator, who introduced Christianity to Armenia, has been imprisoned here about 13 years as at that time there was a prison in the place of the monastery. Here we can enjoy the spectacular view of the sacred Ararat Mountain - an immortal symbol of Armenia.
After this we will continue our tour to Areni village where located T'rchunneri (Birds) Cave and Areni Winery. The excavation is located above the Arpa River, inside a Karst Cavern made from tens of thousands of years of mineral water dripping into limestone crevices; it consists of three rooms or halls, the first two of which are connected by passageways. There are also niches and “basement” and “attic” floors opening upward and downward from the first room. The total area of the cave is about 500 square meters. 2007-2008 excavations of the first room and surrounding area uncovered layers of material culture dating to different periods of the Copper (chalcolithic) and Stone Ages. Based on the results of radiocarbon examination, samples taken from these layers (bone fragments, coal, fabric pieces, seeds and other organic residues) are traced back to late 5th- early 4th millennium BCE.
At the Areni winery you will try different sorts of wine and will have chance to buy souvenirs and wine.
Heading to Noravank, a monastery of XIII century, situated among amazing sheer rocks on the bench of a twisty gorge. The monastic complex includes the church of S. Karapet, S. Grigor chapel with a vaulted hall, and the church of S. Astvatsatsin (Holy Mother of God). Ruins of various civil buildings and khachkars are found both inside and outside of the compound walls. Noravank was the residence of the Orbelian princes. The architect Siranes and the miniature painter and sculptor Momik worked here in the latter part of the thirteenth and early fourteenth century. This is the only monastery where we may find a unique sculpture of Father God. The monastery is best known for its two-storey Surb Astvatsatsin (Holy Mother of God) church, which grants access to the second floor by way of a narrow stone-made staircase jutting out from the face of building.
Departure Point :Our tour will start from your Hotel at 10 am.
Return Detail :Tour ends at your departure point.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.