Private Tour to Nanjing, Ancient Capital of China, from Shanghai
Nanjing, once the capital of China, is a pleasant city with a long history heritage. This tour will show you some of the historical and cultural sites in the city, like the Chaotian Gong Museum, the Zhinghua Gate, the Confucius Temple and the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Mausoleum.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round way second class train ticket between Shanghai and Nanjing
- Nanjing Railway station pick-up & drop-off service
- Transportation by private vehicle or minivan in Nanjing
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide in Nanjing
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Entry/Admission - Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station Self-service Ticket Office
- Entry/Admission - Chaotian Gong of Nanjing
- Entry/Admission - Zhonghua Gate (Zhonghuamen Castle)
- Entry/Admission - Confucius Temple and Qinhuai Scenery
- Entry/Admission - Sun Yat-sen Memorial of Nanjing
What's excluded :
- Transfer services in Shanghai (Unless Option is selected)
- Additional snacks and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station Self-service Ticket Office, Songze Elevated Rd Exit, Minhang Qu, Shanghai Shi, China
The train tickets Shanghai - Nanjing - Shanghai will be purchased and delivered to your hotel in Shanghai down town a day before the tour. Departure time from Shanghai train station will be before 7:30 am but check exact time when receiving the tickets in your hotel.
Go to the Shanghai Hongqiao Railway station on your own or select the option with Shanghai Hotel Transfer for better confort.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chaotian Gong of Nanjing, Zhicheng Mountain, Mochou Road, Baixia District, Nanjing 210004 China
When you arrive at Nanjing Railway Station, meet your guide and start the tour visiting the Chaotian Gong or the “Heaven Palace”. The buildings which can be seen today at the Chaotian Gong were actually constructed in the nineteenth century, and now the are a museum. This museum holds an interesting collection which includes fragments of the porcelain pagoda, the fifteenth century Ming Dynasty monument destroyed in the course of the Taiping Rebellion.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Zhonghua Gate (Zhonghuamen Castle), Qinhuai District, Nanjing 210000 China
Then we will bring you to visit the Zhonghua Gate, a precious cultural relic. Zhonghua Gate has the double distinction of being the biggest castle-style city gate in China and a structural element of the most complicated castle in the world. It is the castle's magnificent scale, delicate structure, and the great skill with which it was built that bequeath it an important place in China's military and architectural traditions.
Following our visit to the Zhonghua Gate, we will have a traditional Chinese cuisine lunch at a local restaurant to try some dishes from Nanjing.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Confucius Temple and Qinhuai Scenery, Qinhuai District, Nanjing China
After lunch, we will visit the Nanjing Confucius Temple, also known as Fuzimiao. It was originally constructed in the year 1034, in the Song Dynasty. It was a place to worship and consecrate Confucius, the greatest philosopher and educator of ancient China, and a man whose teachings still influence Chinese society to this day.
Next activity will be a walk along the Qinhuai River, a branch of the great Yangtze River, which is about 110 kilometers (about 68 miles) in length and covers a drainage area of 2,631 square kilometers (about 1,016 square miles). It was originally called the Huai River, and it is said that the river was channeled to the city of Nanjing during the reign of Emperor Qin Shi Huang, so it was named Qinhuai River from then on.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sun Yat-sen Memorial of Nanjing, East of Zhongshan Mausoleum, Xuanwu District, Nanjing 210014 China
And finally, we will visit the Mausoleum of Dr. Sun Yat-Sen, which is situated at the foot of the second peak of Mount Zijin. Construction of the tomb started in 1926, taking three years. On first July 1929, Dr. Sun was buried there; respected as the Father of Modern China since he fought against the Qing government and led the 1911 revolution to end feudal system. He died in 1925 in Beijing.
You will be transferred to the Nanjing railway station for your fast train to Shanghai. Once in Shanghai you will go back to your hotel on your own, or with a driver if you selected the option with Shanghai Hotel Transfer.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Hongqiao Railway Station metro station, Minhang District, China
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.