Private Tour to Prison Island From Stone Town
Private tour ensure personalized services
Discover Prison Island and meet the tortoises that live there
Enjoy the water taxi ride to the island by traditional dhow
Snorkel in the crystal clear water off the island’ coastline
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- All Fees and Taxes
- Boat To prison Island
What's excluded :
- Tips for the guides
- Transport from your hotel to Mizingani Sea front
- You will have an opportunity to explore the rich culture and history of Zanzibar with a visit to Prison Island by boat. See the large tortoises that inhabit the Island, and enjoy the opportunity to snorkel off the coast. You will visit Prison Island on a private 3-hour tour, and discover the rich history and beautiful natural surroundings of this location. Meet your guide in Zanzibar, or select the option including hotel pickup, then enjoy the ride to the island on a traditional dhow. Learn how this small island gained its name and explore the place that is now home to more than 50 tortoises, some over 100 years old.
You will also have another experience of feeding the tortoises and take up-close pictures with them, as you keep a lookout for the peacocks and antelope that also live there. After discovering the island and its history, take the opportunity to snorkel in the clear waters off the coast amongst tropical fish and colourful coral. At the end of your tour, you will return to Stone town, where you’ll be dropped off in the city centre, or at your hotel.
Departure Point :Mizingani Road, Mizingani Rd, Zanzibar, Tanzania
Transfers from and to beach hotels including airport can be booked at additional cost NB: Our meeting and starting point will be Mizingani Sea front Hotel.
AirportsKisauni Airport, Tanzania
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.