Private Tour: Wang Family Mansion and Shuanglin Temple from Pingyao
Visit the masterpiece of residential architecture – Wang Family Mansion and see precious and colorful ancient sculptures and frescoes at Shuanglin Temple in this Pingyao day tour. You will be escorted by English-speaking tour guide, a personal car and driver.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Chinese lunch at a local restaurant
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English-speaking tour guide
- Transfer by reliable driver and air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Shuanglin Temple
- Entry/Admission - Wang's Family Compound (Wang Jia Dayuan)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shuanglin Temple, Qiaotou Village, Zhongdu Country, Pingyao County 031100 China
At 9:00 am, you will be greeted by your private tour guide at your hotel in Pingyao start the day.
Also known as "Double Forest Temple", Shuanglin Temple is located about a 20-minute drive from Pingyao Old Town. Shuanglin Temple was built about 1,500 years ago and renowned for its ancient locust trees, steles, frescoes, and particularly over 2,000 vivid and well preserved color-painted mud sculptures.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Wang's Family Compound (Wang Jia Dayuan), Jingsheng Town, Lingshi County 031308 China
After a Chinese lunch, drive about one hour to visit Wang Family Mansion. This huge magnificent courtyard complex occupies a higher ground overlooking a broad landscape. It boasts 123 courtyards and 1,118 rooms which entails all the major architectural features of north China peasant homes. It's buildings and decorations reflect strict social hierarchy of the time, and all of the carvings and statues have lots of meanings and stories behind them.
After the tour, return to your hotel in Pingyao at about 16:00pm.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-up area should be within Pingyao.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.