Private Vatican Museum Basilica and Sistine Chapel Tour - Skip the Line
This Exclusive 3 hours Private Tour focuses on the main masterpieces of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. Visiting the Vatican extraordinary collections and the prodigious Sistine Chapel with a private guide is the best way to really enjoy the best of Italian Art! Are you Visiting the Museums with Kids? A Children-Friendly Guide will keep them captivated with numerous stories and will relax and enjoy!
- Cars and drivers might change at every transfer: remember to bring all your belongings with you.
- Big bags or backpacks and big umbrellas are not allowed inside the sites.
- Cover knees and shoulders inside the Sistine and in every Church.
- Guides cannot avoid metal detectors checks
- St. Peter’s Basilica might close without previous notice, mostly in Easter and Christmas.
Last minute, we are unable to organize the tour in a different way. We will explain the Basilica from St. Peter's Square.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Certified multilingual guides
- Skip the line tickets to Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will meet your guide, holding a sign with your name, in front of the Vatican Museums. You will enter the Vatican Museums overflowing with masterpieces by many of Italy’s most important Italian artists. Giotto, Bernini, Caravaggio, Raphael, Botticelli, Perugino, Pinturicchio and many others sit alongside important works from Ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt. You will visit one of the world’s most important Picture Galleries, with paintings that have made the history of art. You will walk through famous galleries such as the tapestries and maps ones.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
You will learn the secrets of The Sistine Chapel, with its enormous Michelangelo’s frescoes. Here you will have time to observe the details of his sublime “Last Judgment”that your guides explained before entering. Inside the Chapel only contemplation is allowed, not talking
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Skip long lines to enter the Basilica! Your guide will bring you directly from the Sistine Chapel into St. Peter’s Basilica, the world’s largest Church, to admire Michelangelo’s “Pietà” and other highlights like Bernini’s bronze baldachin. The tour will end with the embrace of Bernini’s colonnade and its optical illusion.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, 100, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please provide any mobility and wheelchair access requirements. Also note that visitors with limited mobility can contact us for special requirements, such as wheelchairs or walkers. Ancient Rome area and Vatican Museums visits involve significant walking. Please note that the pathway from the Sistine Chapel to St Peter’s Basilica has 50 steps and is not wheelchair accessible. We would like to inform you that the tour will continue to the Basilica only if all members of your private group can walk down the stairs; If the group includes participants with reduced mobility, the tour will end without accessing the Basilica. Please also note that other participants in your group will have to take charge of pushing the wheelchair and/or carry it down the stairs. However, visiting the Basilica in a wheelchair is still possible: we will have to go back to the exit and reach the site from the outside. This requires about one hour extra time and an extra charge of €50,00 for the additional tourist guide service.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Temperature checks for travelers and guides before entering each site or museum
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.