Private Vegetarian Punjabi Cooking Class in Mumbai with a Local
Meet Shilpa, a friendly host who is passionate about sharing Punjabi cuisine, one of the most popular Indian cuisines around the world. With a welcome drink in hand learn about her Punjabi food and culture in her central Mumbai home. Next join Shilpa in her kitchen for your authentic Punjabi vegetarian cooking class. Learn to make roti/paratha (flatbread) the traditional way. Shilpa will demonstrate how to make two to three other rich, traditional dishes such as paneer makhanwala (fresh cheese in a buttery tomato sauce) and rajma (kidney beans in a silky gravy).
After cooking, share a meal with Shilpa who explains how to eat each dish for maximum taste and flavor. For example, laccha paratha (layered flatbread) should be eaten with the mint-flavored chickpea dish! Your meal will include additional dishes that Shilpa has prepared in advance like bharwa tinda (apple gourd masala), malai kofta, dal makhni (slow cooked creamy black lentils), and for dessert, kheer (sweet rice pudding).
per adult from
What's included :
- Private cooking class with your host Shilpa
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Visit a local home in the Dadar East neighborhood of Mumbai for your private cooking class.
Departure Point :Lady Jehangir Road, Lady Jehangir Rd, Central Railway Colony, Dadar East, Dadar, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.