Private Visit to the Raifa Monastery and Temple of all Religions
During this private tour you will visit one of the largest Orthodox monasteries in the Tatarstan Republic as well as a "Universal Temple" - the most unusual tourist attractions of Kazan, combining various styles of buildings of different cultures and religions into one.
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request (additional charge may apply)
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your central hotel (Comfortable car/minivan with A/C)
- Skip-the-line access
- Entry/Admission - Raifa Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral of the Georgian Icon of Our Lady
- Entry/Admission - Trinity Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Sofia Church
- Entry/Admission - Temple of All Religions
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Raifa Monastery, Raifskiy Monastyr, 3, Raifa 422537 Russia
When your guide meets you at the designated place, you will make your way to the Raifa Monastery by private transportation. After a short while, you will see the view of the monastery’s white stones starting to emerge from the distance, and thereafter, be astounded by its glorious bell tower as it glistens in the sunlight. Your tour guide will lead you to explore the monasteries territory, covering some of the most interesting sites, including the Georgian Mother of God Icon Cathedral, the Trinity Cathedral and the Saint Sophia Church.
The Raifa Monastery is one of the largest Orthodox monasteries in the Tatarstan Republic. It is a peaceful sanctuary, located on the outskirts of Kazan in a secluded area bounded by the natural world. The Monastery sits on the banks of a stunning lake, in an area that is shrouded with peace and tranquillity. The Monastery was one of the first of its kind to be established in the region, following Tsar Ivan IV’s conquest of Kazan. The history of the monastery dates back to over 300 years. The holy monastery was closed in 1918 during the era of religious conflict, after which it was a prison for juvenile delinquents in 1933, and in the early 90’s the monastery was restored to its former glory.
While you are venturing through the beautiful sanctuary, you will absorb the breath-taking views of the lake. Feel as though you are reliving the monastery's history when your guide tells you about its rich past. Those who will have empty bottles will be able to fill them for free with saint water.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cathedral of the Georgian Icon of Our Lady, Raifskiy Monastyr, 1, Raifa 422537 Russia
The second biggest cathedral of the monastery was sanctified in the name of the miraculous icon of the Virgin of Georgia which is the main shrine of the Raifa monastery. At present the cathedral is completely restored and the decorative works are being finished. Before it was closed in 1930 the glory of the Raifa Bogoroditsky Monastery was so great and its main shrine, the miraculous icon of the Virgin of Georgia was so revered and loved by people that even the Trinity Cathedral did not have enough room for all the believers and public prayers were held outside right in front of the temple. On the Trinity Day the icon was usually triumphantly moved to Kazan accompanied by a great multitude of believers and church leaders from all over Russia, and on July 31 it was brought back.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Trinity Cathedral, Raifskiy Monastyr, 2, Raifa 422537 Russia
In the middle of the monastery there is a magnificent Trinity Cathedral built by an architect Malinovski in 1904-10. It is a wonderful example of ancient Russian architecture viewed from a modern perspective. The temple resembles Moscow churches of the XVIIth century.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sofia Church, Raifskiy Monastyr, 7, Raifa 422537 Russia
The Sofia Church of the late 18th century is the smallest in Europe: only 7 people can fit inside the temple at any one time.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Temple of All Religions, Staroye Arakchino, 4, Kazan 420031 Russia
On the journey back to the city, you will have the opportunity to admire one of the most unusual tourist attractions of Kazan - the Temple Of All Religions. It's an architectural symbiosis of various religions, civilizations and cultures, also sometimes called the Universal Temple. The Temple of All Religions is a cascade of buildings, combining various styles of buildings of different cultures and religions into one. This is the only place in the world where you can marvel at the Orthodox and Catholic churches, the Muslim mosque, the Jewish synagogue and the Buddhist temple harmoniously coexisting all as one building. The temple is decorated with all the iconic elements of world religions, as well as symbols of extinct civilizations. Visitors are invited to visit the rooms of Jesus Christ, Buddha, the Catholic Hall, the Egyptian Hall, the theatre hall, the picture gallery, and the tea room.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from any hotel of Kazan.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A headscarf is advised for women
- Duration of the excursion is approximate and may vary according to local conditions
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.