Private Walangari's Aboriginal Walking Tour in Bondi Beach
Our tour is unique because it is led by Walangari Karntawarra, an Aboriginal Australian elder, artist, educator and performer who is also a Bondi local. He explains the geological and social history of one of the world’s most iconic locations. He begins and ends each walk with a didgeridoo performance. Walangari shows ancient Aboriginal rock carvings and explains their meanings. He also identifies Aboriginal bush foods and medicines still growing along the route. Walkers have the opportunity to ask questions about the world's oldest living culture and there is an audio transmitter for a translator or group leader, if required. Groups can be up to a maximum of 38 walkers. When booking they have the option of finishing the walk with an exciting, interactive cultural performance by Diramu Aboriginal Dance and Didgeridoo, for an additional fee.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Tour guide system headsets
- Can take up to 38 walkers for the same fee
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bondi Beach, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Sydney, New South Wales 2026 Australia
Our tour begins at the North Bondi Golf Club, on the cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Bondi Beach. Our route takes us past Ben Buckler Gun Battery, a heritage-listed fortified former gun emplacement, named after a local bushranger who lived in a cave nearby. Walangari points out examples of art deco architecture. On route, the group takes in the sights and sounds of beautiful Bondi Beach.
During this gentle, downhill walk you’ll see ancient Aboriginal Rock Carvings and traditional Aboriginal bush foods and medicines still growing wild in this beautiful coastal locale. An additional tour operator transmitter is available for use by your group leader or translator, if required
All tours finish at the beautiful Bondi Pavilion, at Bondi Beach with a didgeridoo performance.
Option of finishing the tour with a traditional Aboriginal cultural performance by Diramu Aboriginal Dance and Didgeridoo, with audience participation in a dance.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Bondi Golf & Diggers Club, 5 Military Rd, North Bondi NSW 2026, Australia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Tour + Cultural Performance 12/9/2020 - 6/24/2022
Private Walangari's Aboriginal Walking Tour in Bondi Beach 11/28/2020 - 6/24/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Bondi Beach NSW 2026, Australia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.