Private Wine Tasting Experience of Greek Awarded Wines in Athens
Greece is one of the oldest regions ever to produce wine, with the earliest evidence of wine production going back at least 6,500 years. After your private pick up with a luxury car, you will be transported in a charming location outside Athens, where you will experience a unique tasting of Worldwide Award winning Greek Labels in 2 of the best local wineries. At these scenic places, begin your journey through history, learning how to identify, select and taste wines from an expert sommelier.
Learn how to understand the strengths and characters of different varieties of Greek grapes. Then, with a private tour at the wine museum you will have the opportunity to experience the old traditional way of wine harvest and wine processing through photographs and by observing the evolution of machinery used from the 19th century.
Discover the age-old winemaking in Athens.
Visit 2 local vineyards and a wine museum.
Taste worldwide award winning wines.
Private luxury transportation.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation by luxury car or mini van
- Wine Tasting Of Worldwide Award Winning Wines
- Greek & Global Cheeses and Bakery
- Wine Museum Tour
- Entry/Admission - Markou Vineyards
- Entry/Admission - Κτήμα Βασιλείου - Domaine Vassiliou
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Markou Vineyards, 1st km Leoforos Paianias-Markopoulou, Paiania 19002 Greece
Discover the ancient winemaking traditions of Greece during this wine tasting tour and taste 3 Worldwide Award winning Labels.
• «Schinopefko Retsina» White dry resonated wine SILVER award at PAR Wine Award International 2017
• «Pixie» Roze dry wine PGI of Attica 3 stars rating at 2017 Wine Tasting Competition carried out by Selection Das genussmagazin
• «Savvatiano» White wine, variety Savvatiano 100% Attica 3 stars rating at 2017 Wine Tasting Competition carried out by Selection Das genussmagazin
(Accompanied by variety of Greek and global cheeses and bakery).
Then, with the tour at the wine museum, you will have the opportunity to experience the old traditional way of vine harvest and wine processing through photographs and by observing the evolution of machinery used from the 19th century.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Κτήμα Βασιλείου - Domaine Vassiliou, 1st Km Koropi - Markopoulo av., Koropi 194 00, Greece
Welcome to the Domaine Vassiliou & Nemeion Estate internet site. George Vassiliou is the 3rd generation winemaker and oenologist based in Greece producing wines from indigenous Greek varieties. It is in his two wineries, Domaine Vassiliou in Koropi, Attica and Nemeion Estate in Nemea, Peloponnese that the family’s efforts started in the year 1905 for the production of hight quality wines that are now exported around the world.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup from all Hotels/AccommodationAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus Port
- Rafina Port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.