Prospect Park Walking Tour in Brooklyn
Explore Brooklyn's scenic treasure, designed by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux after their completion of Central Park. Learn why they came to prefer this park to their original Manhattan masterpiece.
This walking tour begins at historic Grand Army Plaza, where you'll see the famous Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch. From there, we'll begin our journey of the highlights of Prospect Park. You'll see the Long Meadow, the Ravine, the Boathouse & Audubon Center, historic Lefferts House, beautiful bridges and arches, and so much more.
Along the way, your guide will recount the history of Olmsted and Vaux's Brooklyn masterpiece and how their experiences with Central Park shaped this park's trajectory, and Brooklyn's too. Your guide will also take questions as you go, to help you feel right at home.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grand Army Plaza, 5 Avenue 59 Street 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
View historic monument at start of tour.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Prospect Park, 450 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11225-3707
Detailed 2-hour tour of the landscape landmark created by Olmsted and Vaux.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Prospect Park Audubon Center at the Boathouse, Entrance: Lincoln Rd. or Flatbush Ave. at Empire Blvd. Wollman Rink, Brooklyn, NY
Pass by and discuss historic boathouse while walking the lakeside.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch, 20 Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11238, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :LeFrak Center, 171 East Dr, Brooklyn, NY 11225, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Masks no longer required in NYS when outdoors. All customers may make their own decision, based on their comfort level. The guide is also fully vaccinated for everyone's safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.