Puffin Express Cruise from Reykjavik
See puffins up close on the puffin express tour from Reykjavik. The specially designed boat takes you close to the rocky shore of Akurey island to see the lovely seabirds in their natural environment. Learn about the puffins and other seabirds in the area from your knowledgeable onboard guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Expert guide
- Binoculars on board
- NEW - Special Tours App (available in English, German, French, Spanish, and Chinese)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel transfers (can be added for an additional cost - please contact supplier directly).
After meeting your guide, board the comfortable puffin express boat for a 15-minute cruise to Akurey, an island known for its puffin population, just off the coast of Reykjavik.
Puffins nest between May and August on this island, which is covered with small hills and slopes and known for its colorful bird life. As the island's shores are rocky, your puffin-watching boat is specially designed to get you as close to the shoreline as possible, so you can get an up-close look at these adorable creatures!
On board, learn from your expert guide about the puffins as well as other interesting seabirds that you may spot on the tour, such as northern fulmars, gulls, arctic terns and black guillemots. Enjoy watching the seabirds flying and diving into the water.
When you arrive at the Akurey shore, circle around the island for more observation time before the captain turns the engines off, allowing you to enjoy the peace and quiet among Iceland’s natural treasures.
You have the choice of five departure times throughout the day (up to seven departures from June-August) to suit your Iceland itinerary.
• Special Tours, Geirsgata 11 Reykjavík's Old Harbour, Reykjavik 101 Iceland
Departure Point :Geirsgata 11, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hotel pick up: Available to book directly with supplier (extra fees apply)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are following all health & safety guidelines in accordance with the Icelandic government. The gathering ban is set to 100 people, well above the boat's maximum capacity. Masks must be worn during this tour. Please respect the 2 meter social distancing while checking in and queuing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.