Puffing Billy, Moonlit Sanctuary & Penguins Day Tour
Take a day trip from Melbourne to check out 3 of Victoria's very best nature & wildlife destinations. Your journey on the historic Puffing Billy Steam Train will take you through lush green gullies, towering rainforests and quaint towns. The Dandenong Ranges are a truly tranquil part of Greater Melbourne and gives you the opportunity to get back to nature. Then head to the multi-award winning Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park for close up viewing of many rare and endangered species of native animals. You'll even have the opportunity to get up close to some friendly Wallabies and Kangaroos! Finally it's on to the main attraction, the world-famous Penguin Parade! Witness the nightly spectacle as hundreds of Little Penguins make their way out of the surf and up the beach to their nesting grounds.
per adult from
12 to 14 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Friendly & informative tour guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pickup from selected hotels
- One-way journey on Puffing Billy Steam Train
- Entry to Moonlit Sanctuary & the Penguin Parade
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Puffing Billy Railway
- Entry/Admission - Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park
- Entry/Admission - Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade
What's excluded :
- Meals & drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Puffing Billy Railway, 1 Old Monbulk Road, Belgrave, Victoria 3160 Australia
Board the historic Puffing Billy Steam Train for a ride through the lush, green forests of the Dandenong Ranges. Learn a little on the history of the area and watch the quaint towns rolls by as you wind up the mountain.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park, 550 Tyabb-Tooradin Rd, Pearcedale, Victoria 3912 Australia
Come face-to-face with some of Australia's most famous native animals including Koalas, Kangaroos, Wallabies and Wombats! You'll also have the opportunity to get up close to Kangaroos*
*small additional fee
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: The Nobbies Centre, 1320 Ventnor Rd, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
Once on Phillip Island, your guide will take you to The Nobbies & Seals Rocks for a chance to snap beautiful, panoramic photos of the surrounding coast & sea. If you're lucky, you might even see some members of Australia's largest fur seal colony lazing on the rocks.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade, 1019 Ventnor Rd Summerlannds Estate, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
At dusk, watch as hundreds of tiny Little Penguins make their way out of the surf, up Summerland Beach and into their burrows. Take some time to wander the many paths and boardwalks within the park for your chance to see some Penguins up close as they settle in for the night.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is only available from the list of hotels provided upon checkout.Your pickup will be between 9am-10am (Apr-Oct) or 10am-11am (Nov-Mar) depending on which hotel you selected. Your exact meeting time will be provided after a booking is placed.This tour returns to Melbourne at approximately 9pm-midnight depending on the season.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please limit luggage to a small backpack weighing no more than 11lbs ( 5 kg)
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- If travelling with an infant, please contact Tour Operator directly and request infant seat
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We have been closely monitoring recommendations from the Australian Government & World Health Organisation (WHO) & based on their advice we have enhanced our cleaning procedures and implemented precautionary measures to ensure the highest levels of safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.